food interaction for DOLOKIND SPAS H
alcohol interaction for DOLOKIND SPAS H
pregnancy interaction for DOLOKIND SPAS H
lactation interaction for DOLOKIND SPAS H
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR DOLOKIND SPAS H
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR DOLOKIND SPAS HNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR DOLOKIND SPAS H
- Do consult your doctor before taking hyoscyamine, if you have any of the following medical conditions: nerve disorders, overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), heart problems (coronary heart disease, congestive heart failure, irregular heartbeats), high blood pressure, increased pressure inside the eye (glaucoma), kidney disease, hiatal hernia (a condition related to the stomach and the food pipe that causes acid reflux and heart burn problems) and myasthenia gravis (a disease characterized by very weak and unusually tired muscles).
- Hyoscyamine may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, or lightheadedness. Do not drive or operate machinery until you feel fine.
- Do not drink alcohol or use medicines that may cause drowsiness (eg, sleeping pills, muscle relaxants) while you are using hyoscyamine as it may have an additive effect.
- Take precautions to not become overheated or dehydrated in hot weather as this may lead to heatstroke.
- Drink plenty of fluids and maintain good oral hygiene to relieve dry mouth.
- Take appropriate care while going in sunlight as hyoscyamine may make your eyes more sensitive to sunlight.
- Always take hyoscyamine 1 hour before or 2 hours after taking any antacids.
- If you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell your doctor or dentist that you take hyoscyamine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR DOLOKIND SPAS H
Q. Is hyoscyamine over the counter?
No. Hyoscyamine is not an over the counter (OTC) drug. It can be obtained only on producing a valid prescription
Q. Is hyoscyamine a controlled substance?
No. Hyoscyamine is not a controlled substance
Q. Is hyoscyamine addictive?
It has no potential for addiction or abuse
Q. Is hyoscyamine a steroid/ narcotic/ sulfa drug?
No. It does not have a chemical structure or effects similar to steroids or sulfa drugs
Q. Does hyoscyamine contain sulfa?
It does not induce sleep and is not a narcotic drug
Q. Is hyoscyamine a muscle relaxer?
Hyoscyamine blocks the action of a chemical called acetylcholine, and relaxes muscles of stomach and intestine and provides relief from abdominal cramps
Q. Is hyoscyamine a pain killer?
Hyoscyamine is not a pain killer
Q. Does hyoscyamine help with pain?
However, by reducing muscle contractions it provides relief from pain due to cramps
Q. Can I take hyoscyamine with Benadryl/ Xanax/ Prevacid/ Omeprazole/ ibuprofen/ Tylenol/ Aleve?
Hyoscyamine has no known harmful interaction with active ingredients in Benadryl, Xanax (alprazolam), Prevacid (lansoprazole), omeprazole, ibuprofen, Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Aleve (naproxen). Please inform your doctor about all medication you are currently taking to avoid any harmful drug interaction
Q. Can I take Imodium/ Bentyl/ Percocet with hyoscyamine?
Concomitant use of hyoscyamine with Imodium (loperamide), Bentyl (dicyclomine) and Percocet (acetaminophen + oxycodone) can cause harmful drug interactions and should be avoided. Please inform your doctor about all medication you are currently taking to avoid any harmful drug interaction
Q. Does hyoscyamine cause or stop diarrhea?
Treatment with hyoscyamine may be helpful in controlling diarrhea associated with bowel spams; however, it can aggravate constipation. Contact your doctor immediately if you experience diarrhea as a side effect of hyoscyamine treatment
Q. Does hyoscyamine make you high/gain weight?
No. Hyoscyamine does not produce a psychological feeling of extreme happiness or colloquially known as 'feeling high'. Weight gain is not among the known side effects of hyoscyamine
Q. Does hyoscyamine help with gas/ nausea?
Hyoscyamine may provide relief from gas or nausea if they are symptoms of intestinal bowel syndrome or other gastrointestinal problems for which hyoscyamine is given as a treatment. Nausea is also a common side effect of hyoscyamine treatment
Q. Does hyoscyamine cause constipation?
Constipation is a common side effect of hyoscyamine treatment.
Q. Is paracetamol safe/ banned/ available in India?
Paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen, crocin, dolo, calpol, pacimol) is an over-the-counter drug available in India. It is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is paracetamol a painkiller/ used for cold?
Paracetamol is used to relieve mild to moderate pain associated with cold and flu, as well as fever
Q. Does paracetamol make you drowsy / sleepy?
Paracetamol does not cause drowsiness. However, paracetamol is available in combination with cough and cold medicines (eg. cetirizine, chlorpheniramine), which may cause drowsiness or sleepiness
Q. Is paracetamol an NSAID/ antibiotic?
Paracetamol is a anti-pyretic (anti-fever), anti -inflammatory drug, which belongs to the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). However, unlike other NSAIDS, paracetamol can relieve only mild to moderate pain. It is not an antibiotic
Q. Can I take crocin with cetirizine/ aceclofenac/ amoxicillin/ codeine/ tramadol/ warfarin/ erythromycin/ antibiotics?
Yes, paracetamol (available as crocin) can be taken with all of these drugs. Caution is advised when crocin is to be used with warfarin. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q. Can I take crocin with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID?
Paracetamol (available as crocin) is available over-the-counter in combination with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q. Does paracetamol cause death?
Paracetamol on overdose can severely damage the liver and cause death. No more than 4 grams should be consumed in one day. Always consult your doctor regarding use of paracetamol
Q. Can calpol make babies/ toddlers sleep/ help in teething pain?
Calpol can relieve pain in infants and children; it does not make them sleep.