food interaction for DIN
alcohol interaction for DIN
pregnancy interaction for DIN
lactation interaction for DIN
SALT INFORMATION for DIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DIN
- DROVERA 40MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Maneesh Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.15/ML of injectionRs. 14.30pay 2% more per ML of injection
- TAME 40MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Elan Pharma India Pvt LtdRs. 7.15/ML of injectionRs. 14.30pay 2% more per ML of injection
- DOTRA 40MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.76/ML of injectionRs. 21.52pay 54% more per ML of injection
- MERISPAS 40MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Unimarck Healthcare LtdRs. 6.81/ML of injectionRs. 13.62save 3% more per ML of injection
- DROT 40MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Mapra Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 5.30/ML of injectionRs. 10.61save 24% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
Expert advice for DIN
- Take drotaverine tablets 20 minutes before a meal to relieve or reduce post meal symptoms.
- Consult your doctor before you start drotaverine if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- Stop taking drotaverine and consult a doctor, if experience severe allergic reactions.
- Due to possible side effects such as dizziness and vertigo resulting from hypotension, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Frequently asked questions for DIN
Q.What is drotaverine used for/ What does drotaverine treat?
Drotaverine is used to treat spasm of smooth muscles in organs such as stomach and heart. Drotaverine is mainly used to relieve painful spasms associated with chronic gastroduodenitis (inflammation of the stomach and the duodenum of the small intestine), gastric and duodenal ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome (disorder of the intestines that leads to cramps in the abdomen) and many more conditions of the stomach and intestine that are associated with painful spasm. It may also be used to relieve pain during menstruation (dysmenorrhea).