Information about Drotaverine
Drotaverine is used for Pain relief. It relieves pain due to smooth muscle spasm like menstrual pain, pain due to kidney stone, pain due to biliary stone and gastro-intestinal colicky pain.
How Drotaverine works
Drotaverine is an anti-spasmodic medicine which relieves contractions (spasms) associated with smooth muscles in the abdomen.
Common side effects of Drotaverine
Nausea, Vomiting, Dryness in mouth, Vertigo, Constipation, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Hypotension (low blood pressure), Fast heart rate, Sweating
Available Medicine for Drotaverine
₹66 to ₹3427 variant(s)
DrotikindMankind Pharma Ltd
₹31 to ₹873 variant(s)
DvnOverseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹16 to ₹1795 variant(s)
Din DSMapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd
DinMapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹16 to ₹513 variant(s)
DoverinIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹51 to ₹962 variant(s)
DrotapilPsychotropics India Ltd
MS SpaAstrum Healthcare Pvt Ltd
DroveraManeesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹12 to ₹454 variant(s)
DrotMapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹10 to ₹543 variant(s)
Expert advice for Drotaverine
- Drotaverine helps relieve pain due to smooth muscle spasms such as menstrual pain, pain due to kidney stone, and colicky pain.
- Take it as per dose and duration suggested by your doctor.
- It may cause a drop in your blood pressure. Monitor your blood pressure regularly and inform your doctor if you have a history of low blood pressure.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Drotaverine may cause dizziness.
- Inform your doctor if you have severe kidney, liver, or heart disease.