Information about Drotaverine
Drotaverine is used in abdominal pain and menstrual pain.
How drotaverine works
Drotaverine is an antispasmodic. It increases the levels of chemical messengers that relieves the pain due to smooth muscle spasm or tightness.
Common side effects of drotaverine
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Fainting, Dry mouth, Constipation
Available Medicine for Drotaverine
- ₹49 to ₹196Walter Bushnell5 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹55Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹63Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹54Mapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5 to ₹48Mapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹62Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹4Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹46Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹368Psychotropics India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹76Astrum Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Drotaverine
- Take drotaverine tablets 20 minutes before a meal to relieve or reduce post meal symptoms.
- Consult your doctor before you start drotaverine if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- Stop taking drotaverine and consult a doctor, if experience severe allergic reactions.
- Due to possible side effects such as dizziness and vertigo resulting from hypotension, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Frequently asked questions for Drotaverine
Q. What is Drotaverine used for/ What does Drotaverine treat?
Drotaverine is used to treat spasm of smooth muscles in organs such as stomach and heart. Drotaverine is mainly used to relieve painful spasms associated with chronic gastroduodenitis (inflammation of the stomach and the duodenum of the small intestine), gastric and duodenal ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome (disorder of the intestines that leads to cramps in the abdomen) and many more conditions of the stomach and intestine that are associated with painful spasm. It may also be used to relieve pain during menstruation (dysmenorrhea).