Medicine Overview of Dermofade Cream
Dermofade Cream is used in the treatment of hyperpigmentation
and melasma (Dark patches on the skin).
Skin irritation, Allergic contact dermatitis.
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
Hydroquinone bleaches the skin by reducing the accumulation of skin pigment called melanin that causes darkening of skin. It interferes with the synthesis of melanin and hampers important processes within cells that produce melanin (melanocytes). The bleaching effect of hydroquinone is reversible (reversible depigmentation).
In Depth Information on Dermofade Cream
- Please use hydroquinone products carefully. Its skin bleaching action may produce unwanted cosmetic effects if not used as directed.
- Use of sunscreen is a must while using hydroquinone. Avoid unnecessary sun exposures and cover the treated areas with clothing. Even minimal exposure to sunlight can reverse the bleaching effect of hydroquinone.
- Discontinue use and contact your doctor immediately if you develop allergic skin reaction or notice blue-black darkening of skin upon use of hydroquinone.
- Hydroquinone creams are meant for external use on the skin only. Immediately wash-off with water, if the cream gets into your eyes, nose, mouth, or on your lips.
- Do not use hydroquinone creams on broken, irritated or injured skin.
- Do not use hydroquinone creams with other creams that contain peroxides (hydrogen peroxide/benzoyl peroxide). This may produce a dark stain on your skin which can be removed by stopping the use of peroxides and washing with soap and water.
- Do not use hydroquinone creams with other creams that contain resorcinol, phenol, or salicylic acid unless advised by your doctor.
- Please check, if the hydroquinone cream contains sulfites. Such products may trigger allergic reactions in individuals with asthma.
- You may be advised by your doctor to perform a skin sensitivity test to avoid any allergic reaction.
- Do consult your doctor before using hydroquinone, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Dermofade Cream related warnings
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Dermofade Cream may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Dermofade Cream is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Dermofade Cream does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Dermofade Cream in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Dermofade Cream in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Dermofade Cream, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
User Submitted Feedback For Dermofade Cream
How much was the improvement? What are you using Dermofade Cream for?
Hyperpigmentation (Dark skin patches)
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Dermofade Cream. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Dermofade Cream
Yes. Dermofade is used to bleach dark patches of skin. It is available as creams to be applied externally and is safe if used as directed, for the prescribed duration by your doctor. Occasionally it may cause side effects-red, sore, itchy, inflamed skin indicating an allergic reaction. Please contact your doctor immediately if you notice any such skin reactions
No.Dermofade does not have a structure or effect similar to steroids
Yes.Dermofade is used to bleach dark patches of skin and can be used on the face. It is available as creams to be applied externally and is safe if used as directed for the prescribed duration by your doctor. Please limit sun exposures and apply sunscreens or cover the treated area with protective clothing. Even minimal exposure to sun can reverse the bleaching effect of Dermofade
No.Dermofade is available and is not a banned drug in India
Studies of Dermofade in animals have indicated some evidences of cancer causing potential (carcinogenicity). However, the carcinogenic effects in human are not known
No. Dermofade is not toxic if used as directed, for the prescribed duration by your doctor. It is available as creams and meant for external use on the skin onl
Dermofade bleaches/lightens dark patches of skin
It reduces the accumulation of skin pigment called melanin that causes darkening of skin. This effect of Dermofade is reversible (reversible depigmentation) with time and exposure to sun and therefore not permanent
No. Dermofade has no known effect on bleaching clothes
Dermofade may cause blue-black darkening of skin. This is not the normal effect of Dermofade. Discontinue use and contact your doctor immediately if you notice darkening of skin upon use of Dermofade
No. Dermofade is used to bleach or lighten dark patches of skin. It has no known effect in the treatment of acne
Occasionally Dermofade may cause side effects – redness of skin, sore, itchy, inflamed skin indicating an allergic reaction. Please contact your doctor immediately if you notice any such skin reactions.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Dermofade Cream: IPL, SAF, STA, NSL, TOM, PVP, ABP, SYN, DGN, SJP, GNC, BTM, MSD, RUS, SBA, SHP, HAT, UMP, EMB, PRN, BDN, PPR, SWA, ENP, BSN, RSA, RJH, DHR, MAM, OIP, MPC, RPP, TRP, MMS, SWP, SCH, ZEL, DDR, GPP, THP, AMR, RSS, OLT, GBL, AAY, BAL, SHD, NVL, DLP, WSI, PEN, BHP, HGI, HBV, SRG, 9T9, PWN, ARD, JMJ, NWP, MAX, CLT, SSA, MAK, MLC, PNT, DFP, AGT, ADT, RHL, RHW, RWP, DYG, GTC, MDO, EQN, DPL, ATP, SVH, MOM, NTB, OHM, HMP, NXG, PTI, NDP, NNH, PLT, AYU, TNH, GPT, AAR, WHL, JIV, ZVP, SGC, IAD, BIO, SDM, VRS, HPC, BBS, OWP, ANT, KHH, RKS, DPP, HIP, INC, HEX, ATL, AVN, NVY, SBL, JVO, FGH, BMJ, USF, LCC, SAT, GTK, LHA, JVN