Medicine Overview of Cytosar Injection
Rash, Skin ulcer, Reduced blood platelets, Sepsis, Mouth ulcer, Vomiting, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Infection, Pneumonia, Decreased white blood cell count, Anal ulcer, Hair loss, Fever, Anemia, Sore mouth, Liver function abnormal, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth).
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Cytosar 1000mg Injection interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
In Depth Information on Cytosar Injection
- You may be monitored closely for severity of symptoms.
- You will be told to undergo tests for blood counts, bone marrow, liver and kidney functions at regular intervals of time.
- Inform your doctor if you have recently received chemotherapy or radiotherapy or you are scheduled for radiotherapy.
- Consult your doctor if you are suffering from any liver disorder.
- Stop taking cytarabine if you develop severe allergic reaction.
- Taking cytarabine may increase your uric acid level in the blood. Seek medical advice for necessary precautions.
- Avoid vaccination with live vaccine to eliminate risk of life threatening reaction.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Cytosar Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Cytosar 1000mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Cytosar 1000mg Injection is unsafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Cytosar 1000mg Injection may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Cytosar 1000mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Cytosar 1000mg Injection is recommended.
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease.
There is limited information available on the use of Cytosar 1000mg Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Because of the limited information, a cautious use of Cytosar 1000mg Injection is recommended in patients with liver disease.
Frequently asked questions about Cytosar Injection
No. Cytosar is not a vesicant (irritant) but should be handled with care
No. Ototoxicity is not reported with use of Cytosar. However, please consult your doctor if you experience such side effect
Yes. Cytosar is a cytotoxic drug
Yes. Cytosar may cause hair loss
Cytosar prevents deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) replication through inhibiting the synthesis of DNA.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Cytosar 1000mg Injection: NWP, SSA, TRP, HIP, BIO, RKS, BTM, ARD, AAY, SAF, AVN, LCC, MOM, 9T9, PPR, SDM, STA, BDN, CLT, WLC, HGI, FGH, ZVP, THP, NVY, UMP, DDR, RSS, SHD, AGT, ATL, DPP, GPP, PEN, DFP, RSA, NVL, RHW, EMB, SJP, OIP, AYU, OLT, SVH, OWP, DYG, GTK, BMJ, INC, DPL, MPC, MMS, PTI, ADT, IAD, ATP, SHP, RUS, USF, ENP, HBV, SWP, MLC, IPL, WSI, DHR, EQN, BBS, HAT, PNT, GTC, MSD, NNH, GBL, HEX, MAM, RPP, SWA, JMJ, OHM, DLP, SAT, MAK, SBL, HMP, PLT, BSN, KHH, SRG, MAX, HRV, GNC, RJH, AMR, SBA, RHL, JVN, PVP, JIV, SHM, AAR, GPT, JVO, NDP, SCH, LHA