Information about Cytarabine
Cytarabine is used in the treatment of blood cancer.
How Cytarabine works
Cytarabine interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
Common side effects of Cytarabine
Skin ulcer, Low blood platelets, Sepsis, Vomiting, Nausea, Infection, Pneumonia, Anal ulcers, Hair loss, Fever, Abnormal liver function, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Diarrhea, Bone marrow failure, Megaloblastic anemia, Decreased white blood cell count (lymphocytes), Decreased reticulocyte, Bone marrow disorder, Cytarabine syndrome, Corneal disorders, Necrotizing enterocolitis, Cerebral disorder, Cerebellar disorder, Acute respiratory distress syndrome, Skin exfoliation
Available Medicine for Cytarabine
₹295 to ₹13202 variant(s)
CytalonCelon Laboratories Ltd
₹485 to ₹12004 variant(s)
CytarineFresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd
₹89 to ₹5933 variant(s)
BiobinBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹50 to ₹4882 variant(s)
ArasidIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹117 to ₹10052 variant(s)
CytowelGetwell Pharma (I) Pvt Ltd
₹563 to ₹11862 variant(s)
RemcytaAlkem Laboratories Ltd
OncotarUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
PrecitarPremedium Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
CytaresResonance Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹560 to ₹9702 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cytarabine
- Cytarabine is used for the treatment of cancer of the blood.
- It is given via a drip into a vein (intravenously).
- Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine.
- Your doctor may get regular blood and urine tests done to monitor your blood cells, kidney and liver function during treatment with this medicine.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice any signs of infection such as fever, sore throat, rash or severe diarrhea.