food interaction for CYTOGAN
alcohol interaction for CYTOGAN
pregnancy interaction for CYTOGAN
lactation interaction for CYTOGAN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CYTOGAN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CYTOGAN
- GANGUARD 500 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 1650/injectionRs. 1650save 19% more per injection
- NATCLOVIR 500 MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Natco Pharma LtdRs. 173.50/ML of injectionRs. 1735save 91% more per ML of injection
- CYMEVENE 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Roche Products India Pvt LtdRs. 1687.50/injectionRs. 1687.50save 17% more per injection
- GAVIR 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 1752.81/injectionRs. 1752.81save 13% more per injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for CYTOGAN
- Ganciclovir should be preferably taken with food.
- Ganciclovir is not recommended in children.
- Do not drive or operate machinery if you experience visual disturbances due to instillation in eyes, or if you experience convulsion, sedation, dizziness, ataxia and/or confusion.
- Your blood cell counts should be monitored while on treatment with ganciclovir especially if you have kidney disorders.
- Do not take ganciclovir along with imipenem-cilastatin as it may cause seizures (fits).
Frequently asked questions for CYTOGAN
Q.Is ganciclovir a vesicant/ antibiotic?
No, ganciclovir is not a vesicant/ an antibiotic
Yes, ganciclovir is dialyzabl
Q.Is ganciclovir a chemotherapy drug?
Yes, ganciclovir is a chemotherapy used for the treatment of viral infections. Do not confuse it with chemotherapy or chemo drugs used for the treatment of cancer
Q.Is ganciclovir nephrotoxic?
Yes, ganciclovir is known to have nephrotoxicity (toxic to kidneys)
Q.Is ganciclovir a protease inhibitor?
No, ganciclovir is not a protease inhibitor; it belongs to synthetic nucleoside analogues class of antivirals
Q.Does ganciclovir cover hsv (hepes simplex virus)?
Yes, ganciclovir may be used to treat hsv (hepes simplex virus)
Q.How does ganciclovir cause myelosuppression?
Ganciclovir is directly toxic to colony forming stem cells inside bone marrow which is responsible for RBCs, WBCs and platelets formation, thereby causing myelosuppression.