food interaction for CROMAL
alcohol interaction for CROMAL
pregnancy interaction for CROMAL
lactation interaction for CROMAL
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CROMAL
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for CROMAL FORTE EYE DROP
Patients taking CROMAL FORTE EYE DROP
- 43%Twice A Day
- 30%Thrice A Day
- 26%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for CROMALNo substitutes found
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for CROMAL
- Avoid sudden discontinuation of sodium cromoglycate therapy as it may result in reoccurrence of symptoms.
- You should not use inhalations of sodium cromoglycate for acute attack of bronchospasm (sudden severe attacks of air passage constriction).
- Discontinue inhalation treatment if you develop eosinophilic pneumonia (a condition in which blood cells called eosinophils accumulate in the lungs).
- Do not touch the tip of eye drop bottle to your fingers, eyes or surrounding areas to avoid contamination. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver functioning problems before taking oral sodium cromoglycate.
- Oral sodium cromoglycate should be used with caution in children under 2 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for CROMAL
Q.Is sodium cromoglycate an antihistamine?
No. Sodium cromoglycate has no known effect on chemical substances called histamine or its receptors in the body
Q.Is sodium cromoglycate a steroid?
It does not have structure or mechanism of action similar to steroids
Q.How does sodium cromoglycate work?
It works by inhibiting the release of allergy causing chemicals from specialized cells called ‘mast cells' (present in eyes, nose, air passages, along the digestive tract etc.) and thus interferes with the development and progression of allergic reactions
Q.Does sodium cromoglycate cause drowsiness?
No. Sodium cromoglycate does not cause drowsiness.