food interaction for CORTENT N
alcohol interaction for CORTENT N
pregnancy interaction for CORTENT N
lactation interaction for CORTENT N
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CORTENT N
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CORTENT N
- TENOVATE GN CREAM(10 GM cream in tube)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.36/GM of creamRs. 23.60save 37% more per GM of cream
- EXEL GN 0.05% W/W/0.5% W/W CREAM(15 GM cream in tube)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 3.20/GM of creamRs. 48save 14% more per GM of cream
- PROPYGENTA NF CREAM(20 GM cream in tube)Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLPRs. 6.25/GM of creamRs. 125pay 67% more per GM of cream
- DIPGENTA PLUS CREAM(20 GM cream in tube)Fulford India LtdRs. 5/GM of creamRs. 100pay 34% more per GM of cream
- PROPYGENTA NF CREAM(30 GM cream in tube)Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLPRs. 5.80/GM of creamRs. 174pay 55% more per GM of cream
- Dr. Anuj PallMBBS, MD, PhD, Certification
- Dr. Sheilly KapoorMBBS, MD
- Dr. Pooja AggarwalMBBS, MD
- Dr. Atula GuptaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Avnish SharmaMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for CORTENT N
- Do not use in conditions such as acne, fungal skin infections, e.g. athlete's foot, ringworm, candida skin infections, severe flushing of skin on and around your nose (rosacea), spotty red rash around your mouth (perioral dermatitis), infected skin (unless the infection is being treated with an anti-infective medicine at the same time),itchy skin around the genitals or back passage, itchy skin which is not inflamed, nappy rash, widespread plaque psoriasis (raised, red patches covered with a silvery white buildup of dead skin cells or scale).
- Caution is to be observed while applying the cream on large areas of the body for a long time like few weeks or months.
- If your skin problem does not improve in 2 to 4 weeks, talk to your doctor.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to clobetasol propionate or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to children below 1 year of age.
Frequently asked questions for CORTENT N
Q.Is clobetasol propionate a steroid/ an antifungal/ OTC?
Clobetasol (also available as cosvate cream, cosvate G) is a potent topical corticosteroid used for the treatment of itching, redness, dryness, inflammation, and discomfort of various scalp and skin conditions. It is not an antifungal. It is available only by prescription given by your doctor
Q.Is clobetasol propionate topical used for hair loss/ does clobetasol help hair growth?
Clobetasol topical is used for discomfort in various scalp and skin conditions; however not used for treatment of hair loss or hair growth. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.Does clobetasol propionate topical cause hair loss / thinning of skin?
Long-term use of steroids may damage your hair or skin. Always follow the advice of your doctor regarding its use
Q.Is clobetasol propionate topical good for acne/ athlete's foot/ ringworm?
Clobetasol topical should not be used for conditions like acne, athlete's foot or ringworm. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.
Q.Does neomycin expire?
Yes. The expiry date is provided on the ointment tube
Q.Does neomycin topical cover pseudomonas?
No, neomycin topical is not effective against pseudomonas
Q.Does neomycin contain penicillin?
No, neomycin does not contain penicillin. It belongs to a group of drugs called aminoglycosides
Q.Does neomycin cause tinnitus?
Neomycin is known to cause damage to the ear. One of the symptoms of damage to ear is tinnitus.