food interaction for COMBIGAN
alcohol interaction for COMBIGAN
pregnancy interaction for COMBIGAN
lactation interaction for COMBIGAN
medicine interaction for COMBIGAN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR COMBIGAN
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR COMBIGAN 0.5%/0.2% EYE DROP
Patients taking COMBIGAN 0.5%/0.2% EYE DROP
- 71%Twice A Day
- 19%Once A Day
- 9%Thrice A Day
- 1%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR COMBIGAN
- BRIMOCOM 0.5% W/V/0.2% W/V EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Cipla LtdRs. 48.10/ML of eye dropRs. 240.50save 38% more per ML of eye drop
- BETABRIM 0.5% W/V/0.2% W/V EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Micro Labs LtdRs. 52.10/ML of eye dropRs. 260.50save 32% more per ML of eye drop
- BRITIBLU 0.5% W/V/0.2% W/V EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Lupin LtdRs. 26.10/ML of eye dropRs. 130.50save 66% more per ML of eye drop
- IOTIM B 0.5% W/V/0.2% W/V EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)FDC LtdRs. 58/ML of eye dropRs. 290save 25% more per ML of eye drop
- CIBRIM T EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Sunways India Pvt LtdRs. 19/ML of eye dropRs. 95save 75% more per ML of eye drop
Expert advice FOR COMBIGAN
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Timolol before any scheduled surgery.
Frequently asked questions FOR COMBIGAN
Q. Is timolol a beta blocker/selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic?
Timolol is a beta blocker. It is not a selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic
Q. Is timolol preservative free?
The timolol eye drop is preservative fre
Q. Is timolol the same as timoptic or cosopt?
Timoptic and copsopt are brand names of the eye drops containing timolol
Q. Does it need to be refrigerated?
The timolol containing eye drops should not be refrigerated
Q. Does timolol lower blood pressure?
Timolol is used to lower blood pressure
Q. Does it stop growth of hemangiomas?
It may be used to stop growth of hemangiomas (only after prescription from the doctor)
Q. Does timolol cause weight gain/hair loss/ miosis/make eyelashes grow/ cause dry eyes/slow heart rate?
Timolol does not make eyelashes grow. It is a blood pressure lowering medication. It is not known to cause weight gain/hair loss/miosis. It may cause dry eyes/slow heart rate as a side effect. If any side effects of the drug are observed then one should inform the doctor immediately.
Q. Is brimonidine the same as Alphagan?
Yes, Alphagan is a trade name of drug brimonidine
Q. Is brimonidine or brimonidine tartrate a beta blocker/steroid?
Brimonidine or brimonidine tartrate is a sympatomimetic drug and not a beta blocker/steroid
Q. Does brimonidine cause fatigue?
Yes, feeling fatigue is a very common side effect of brimonidine. Always consult your doctor if you experience such type of side effect
Q. Why does brimonidine cause miosis?
Brimonidine causing this side effect is very rare. It may be because of overdose of other alpha2-agonists. Always consult your doctor if you experience such type of side effect
Q. How does brimonidine lower intraocular pressure (iop)?
It reduces the intraocular pressure by reducing the amount of fluid in the eye.