Information about Timolol + Brimonidine
Timolol + Brimonidine Uses
Timolol+Brimonidine is used in the treatment of ocular hypertension and glaucoma.
How Timolol + Brimonidine works
Timolol + Brimonidine is a combination of two medicines: Timolol and Brimonidine. Timolol is a beta blocker while Brimonidine is a sympathomimetic. They work by decreasing the production of aqueous humor (fluid in the eye), thereby lowering the increased eye pressure.
Common side effects of Timolol + Brimonidine
Itching, Stinging sensation, Foreign body sensation, Burning sensation in eye, Eye redness, Blurred vision, Tiredness, Drowsiness, Headache, Dryness in mouth
Available Medicine for Timolol + Brimonidine
CombiganAllergan India Pvt Ltd
BrimololSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
BetabrimMicro Labs Ltd
Bidin TAjanta Pharma Ltd
Bidin LS TMAjanta Pharma Ltd
Iotim BFDC Ltd
BrimotimOptho Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Timolol + Brimonidine
- Timolol + Brimonidine is a combination of two medicines that lowers high pressure in the eye and reduces the risk of vision loss.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
- If you wear soft contact lenses, remove them before putting in these eye drops and wait at least 15 minutes before putting your lenses back in.
- Do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, or to your eye, to avoid contaminating the eye drops.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- It may cause short term blurring of vision when first used. Use caution before driving or using machines.
- It may cause temporary burning or itching sensation in the eye. Inform your doctor if this does not go away.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.