Timolol + Brimonidine
Information about Timolol + Brimonidine
Timolol + brimonidine uses
Timolol+Brimonidine is used in the treatment of ocular hypertension and glaucoma.
How timolol + brimonidine works
This is a combination of two medicines: Timolol and Brimonidine. Timolol is a beta blocker while Brimonidine is a sympathomimetic. They work by decreasing the production of aqueous humor (fluid in the eye), thereby lowering the increased eye pressure.
Common side effects of timolol + brimonidine
Itching, Stinging sensation, Foreign body sensation, Burning sensation in eye, Eye redness, Blurred vision, Tiredness, Drowsiness, Headache, Dryness in mouth
Available Medicine for Timolol + Brimonidine
- ₹464Allergan India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹370Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹290Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹312Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹162Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹157Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹312Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹224Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹350FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹193Optho Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Timolol + Brimonidine
- Timolol + Brimonidine is a combination of two medicines that lowers high pressure in the eye and reduces the risk of vision loss.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
- If you wear soft contact lenses, remove them before putting in these eye drops and wait at least 15 minutes before putting your lenses back in.
- Do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, or to your eye, to avoid contaminating the eye drops.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- It may cause short term blurring of vision when first used. Use caution before driving or using machines.
- It may cause temporary burning or itching sensation in the eye. Inform your doctor if this does not go away.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
Frequently asked questions for Timolol + Brimonidine
Timolol + Brimonidine
Q. How to use Timolol+Brimonidine?
Wash your hands before applying Timolol+Brimonidine to avoid contamination, and do not touch the tip of the dropper. If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using Timolol+Brimonidine. For applying Timolol+Brimonidine, tilt your head back, look up, and pull down the lower eyelid to make a pouch and then put the drops in the pouch.
Q. Can Timolol+Brimonidine be stopped when symptoms are relieved?
No, Timolol+Brimonidine should be continued as advised by the doctor. If any problems are experienced due to the use of Timolol+Brimonidine, consult the doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. Can the use of Timolol+Brimonidine cause blurry vision?
Timolol+Brimonidine can blur your eyes for a short period of time. Avoid driving or operating machinery just after using Timolol+Brimonidine.
Q. What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Timolol+Brimonidine?
Keep this medicine in the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.
Q. What are the contraindications associated with the use of Timolol+Brimonidine?
Timolol+Brimonidine should not be used by patients who are hypersensitive to Timolol, Brimonidine or any of its constituents. This medicine should be avoided in patients who have airway disease, lung disease or heart disease. This medicine should not be used in children who are 2 years old or younger.