Medicine Overview of Combidol Tablet
Uses of Haloperidol
Side effects of Haloperidol
Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Dry mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Weight gain, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dystonia, Constipation.
How to use Haloperidol
How Combidol Tablet works
Uses of Trihexyphenidyl
Side effects of Trihexyphenidyl
Dry mouth, Nausea, Vomiting, Constipation, Blurred vision.
How to use Trihexyphenidyl
How Combidol Tablet works
In Depth Information on Combidol Tablet
Expert advice for Haloperidol
- Do not start or continue haloperidol, if you are allergic to haloperidol or any other ingrediants in the formulation.
- Do not take haloperidol, if you have irregular heart beat (arrhythmia) or unusually slow heart beat.
- Do not use haloperidol, if you have Parkinson’s disease; low white blood cells levels.
- Avoid using haloperidol, if you have liver or kidney disease, fits, depression, problems with your thyroid gland, a non-cancerous tumour of the adrenal gland (phaeochromocytoma; causing episodic or persistent rise in blood pressure).
- Do not drive or opeate heavy machinery as haloperidol can make you sleepy and impair your alertness.
Expert advice for Trihexyphenidyl
- It may be taken before or after meals.
- If Trihexyphenidyl causes your mouth to dry excessively, it may be better to take it before meals, unless it causes nausea. If taken after meals, thirst can be improved by sucking hard sugarless candy, chewing gum, or drinking water.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines to treat glaucoma.
- Trihexyphenidyl can cause blurred vision or dizziness. Do not drive and or operate machinery if you get blurred vision or dizziness.
- Inform your doctor if you have trouble in passing urine.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Taking haloperidol together with alcohol may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
If Combidol Tablet is used, monitor the baby for excessive sleepiness.
Combidol Tablet can cause blurring of vision, dizziness, mild nausea, and mental confusion in some cases. This may affect your ability to drive.
Patients with kidney disease should be closely monitored by a doctor while taking this medicine.