Information about Haloperidol + Trihexyphenidyl
Haloperidol + Trihexyphenidyl Uses
Haloperidol+Trihexyphenidyl is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
How Haloperidol + Trihexyphenidyl works
Haloperidol + Trihexyphenidyl is a combination of two medicines: Haloperidol and Trihexyphenidyl. Haloperidol is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (dopamine) in the brain that affects thoughts and mood. However, it may cause side effects such as involuntary movements (shaking of hands, muscle spasms). Trihexyphenidyl is added to treat and prevent these side effects.
Common side effects of Haloperidol + Trihexyphenidyl
Nausea, Constipation, Dryness in mouth, Sedation, Weight gain, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Urinary retention, Increased prolactin level in blood, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Nervousness
Available Medicine for Haloperidol + Trihexyphenidyl
₹13 to ₹272 variant(s)
Agidol PlusAGM Biotec
₹34 to ₹422 variant(s)
Talendol PlusTalent Healthcare
Talendol TTalent Healthcare
Hexidol ForteTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹29 to ₹442 variant(s)
Cizoren PlusStadmed Pvt Ltd
₹18 to ₹252 variant(s)
Ziplan DSZion Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
ManodolOrchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹8 to ₹122 variant(s)
Hexidol PlusTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Haloperidol + Trihexyphenidyl
- Haloperidol + Trihexyphenidyl is a combination medicine that helps treat schizophrenia.
- Trihexyphenidyl controls drug induced abnormal movements.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Haloperidol + Trihexyphenidyl can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medication as it may lower its efficacy.
- It can cause dry mouth. Maintain good oral hygiene,drink water, chew sugarless gum, or suck on hard candy for the dry mouth.
- It can make you more sensitive to changes in temperature. Drink plenty of liquids and dress appropriately.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Inform your doctor if you have glaucoma or trouble passing urine.
- Do not stop taking Haloperidol + Trihexyphenidyl without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.