Medicine Overview of Celginase Injection
Celginase 10000IU Injection is used in the treatment of blood cancer (Acute lymphocytic leukemia).
Breathlessness, Rash, Vomiting, Angioedema (swelling of deeper layers of skin), Nausea, Fatigue, Increased liver enzymes, Edema, Diarrhoea, Decreased blood pressure, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Decreased albumin level in blood, Increased glucose level in blood, Urticaria.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Asparaginase belongs to class of medications called antineoplastic agents. Asparaginase is an enzyme that interferes with natural processes necessary for cancer cell growth, thereby killing or stopping the growth of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Celginase Injection
- Asparaginase can also make you flush, breathe faster, or have a fruit-like breath. This is normal and not a cause for concern.
- Do not receive a live vaccine (eg, measles, mumps) while you are taking asparaginase.
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to asparaginase or any of its ingredients.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you feel confused, drowsy, have excessive thirst or observe an increased frequency or volume of urination.
- If you are a patient with diabetes, monitor your blood sugar levels closely.
- Ensure that you undergo periodic laboratory tests to monitor response to the therapy and any side effects.
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Celginase 10000IU Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Celginase 10000IU Injection is probably usafe to use during
Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Celginase 10000IU Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Celginase 10000IU Injection is probably safe to use in patie
nts with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Celginase 10000IU Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Celginase 10000IU Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
However, regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised while you are taking this medicine.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Celginase 10000IU Injection: 9T9, KHH, OIP, ENP, PSP, ADT, RKS, MPC, DPP, JMJ, RSA, ATL, JIV, MAK, LHA, GTK, GNC, NDP, HIP, SHM, DYG, MOM, AAY, GPT, FGH, OWP, HEX, USF, BDN, HGI, HBV, SBL, AYU, NVL, SBA, WSI, DFP, BSN, RSS, EQN, ZVP, STA, AGT, PLT, DLP, SAF, LCC, SHP, SAT, OLT, BIO, PNT, MAX, EMB, SSA, GTC, OHM, RPP, SWA, IPL, DEL, RJH, NWP, BTM, SJP, BLP, ATP, RUS, RHW, AAR, PTS, PEN, DDR, MMS