Information about Asparaginase
Asparaginase is used in the treatment of blood cancer (acute lymphocytic leukemia).
How asparaginase works
Asparaginase belongs to class of medications called antineoplastic agents. Asparaginase is an enzyme that interferes with natural processes necessary for cancer cell growth, thereby killing or stopping the growth of cancer cells.
Common side effects of asparaginase
Breathlessness, Rash, Vomiting, Angioedema (swelling of deeper layers of skin), Nausea, Fatigue, Increased liver enzymes, Edema (swelling), Diarrhea, Decreased blood pressure, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Decreased albumin level in blood, Increased glucose level in blood, Urticaria
Available Medicine for Asparaginase
- ₹1255 to ₹1564Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries2 variant(s)
- ₹975 to ₹1800Celon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1053 to ₹1564Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1250 to ₹1710Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹2430Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1070 to ₹1800Hetero Drugs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹987 to ₹1529Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1679 to ₹2448Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries2 variant(s)
- ₹2100GLS Pharma Ltd.1 variant(s)
- ₹978RPG Life Sciences Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Asparaginase
- Asparaginase can also make you flush, breathe faster, or have a fruit-like breath. This is normal and not a cause for concern.
- Do not receive a live vaccine (eg, measles, mumps) while you are taking asparaginase.
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to asparaginase or any of its ingredients.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you feel confused, drowsy, have excessive thirst or observe an increased frequency or volume of urination.
- If you are a patient with diabetes, monitor your blood sugar levels closely.
- Ensure that you undergo periodic laboratory tests to monitor response to the therapy and any side effects.