Information about Asparaginase
Asparaginase is used in the treatment of blood cancer (acute lymphocytic leukemia).
How Asparaginase works
Asparaginase belongs to class of medications called antineoplastic agents. Asparaginase is an enzyme that interferes with natural processes necessary for cancer cell growth, thereby killing or stopping the growth of cancer cells.
Common side effects of Asparaginase
Breathlessness, Rash, Vomiting, Angioedema (swelling of deeper layers of skin), Nausea, Fatigue, Increased liver enzymes, Edema (swelling), Diarrhea, Decreased blood pressure, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Low albumin level in blood, Increased glucose level in blood, Hives
Available Medicine for Asparaginase
BionaseBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹1255 to ₹15632 variant(s)
CelginaseCelon Laboratories Ltd
₹975 to ₹18002 variant(s)
AsginaseSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹1053 to ₹15632 variant(s)
LagicadCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹1250 to ₹17102 variant(s)
LeunaseBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹1679 to ₹24482 variant(s)
OncoginaseChandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹987 to ₹15292 variant(s)
AspargetGLS Pharma Ltd.
AsperagAlkem Laboratories Ltd
L-AspateroHetero Drugs Ltd
₹1070 to ₹18002 variant(s)
L AspinaseRPG Life Sciences Ltd
Expert advice for Asparaginase
- Asparaginase is given as an injection into the veins, muscles or under the skin by the healthcare provider.
- It is advisable to drink plenty of fluids and stay hydrated while taking this medication.
- Use an effective method of birth control to avoid pregnancy while taking this medication.
- You may need to have blood tests to monitor your blood cells, liver function and kidney function during treatment.
- It can cause an increase in blood sugar levels. Hence, monitor your blood sugar level regularly.