food interaction for CEFOXIM CV
alcohol interaction for CEFOXIM CV
pregnancy interaction for CEFOXIM CV
lactation interaction for CEFOXIM CV
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CEFOXIM CV
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CEFOXIM CV
- ZOCEF CV 250 MG/125 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 36.42/tabletRs. 218.50pay 75% more per tablet
- CEFAKIND CV 250MG/125MG TABLET(6 tablet in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 22.99/tabletRs. 137.94pay 10% more per tablet
- ORATIL CV 250 MG/125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 31.05/tabletRs. 310.50pay 49% more per tablet
- FORCEF CV 250 MG/125 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 29.74/tabletRs. 178.45pay 43% more per tablet
- PULMOCEF CV 250 MG/125 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 27.50/tabletRs. 110pay 32% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for CEFOXIM CV
- Be sure to use cefuroxime for the full course of treatment as prescribed by your doctor. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Take cefuroxime tablets after food or milk for optimum absorption.
- Do not drive because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with cefuroxime.
- Cefuroxime can make birth control pills less effective, which may result in pregnancy. You may need to use another form of birth control during treatment with cefuroxime.
- Do not start or continue the cefuroxime tablets and consult your doctor, If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for CEFOXIM CV
Q.Does cefuroxime/ Ceftum/ Zocef/ Pulmocef contain sulfa or a form of penicillin drug?
Cefuroxime (also available as Ceftum/ Zocef/ Pulmocef) belongs to cephalosporin antibiotics and does not contain sulfa. However, its chemical structure is similar to penicillin
Q.Is cefuroxime gluten free?
Yes. Cefuroxime is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Can I take cefuroxime with acetaminophen/ azithromycin/ doxycycline/ ibuprofen/ Nyquil (acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ doxylamine/ pseudoephedrine)/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)/ Xanax (alprazolam)?
Yes. You can take cefuroxime with acetaminophen/ azithromycin/ doxycycline/ ibuprofen/ Nyquil (acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ doxylamine/ pseudoephedrine)/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)/ Xanax (alprazolam)
Q.Is cefuroxime safe?
Cefuroxime is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is cefuroxime a sulfa drug/ penicillin/ steroid/ an antibiotic?
Cefuroxime is an antibiotic belong to class of medication called as cephalosporin. It is not a steroid and does not contain penicillin or sulpha.
Q.Is antibiotic + clavulanic acid combination effective against STD, MRSA, or pseudomonas infections?
It is effective against sexually transmitted diseases (STD) caused by bacteria and pseudomonas infections, but weakly effective against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections (MRSA)
Q.Is amoxicillin + clavulanic acid (Augmentin) safe in G6PD deficiency?
There are no confirmed studies about the safety of amoxicillin + clavulanic acid (Augmentin) in G6PD deficiency. Consult your doctor before use
Q.Is amoxicillin + clavulanic acid (Augmentin) nephrotoxic?
If taken in appropriate dosage as prescribed by the doctor, Augmentin is not nephrotoxic
Q.Does amoxicillin + clavulanic acid (Augmentin) contain sulfa?
No, amoxicillin + clavulanic acid (Augmentin) does not contain sulfa
Q.Does amoxicillin + clavulanic acid (Augmentin) make you drowsy or tired?
No, amoxicillin + clavulanic acid (Augmentin) does not make you drowsy or tired if taken as prescribed
Q.Can amoxicillin + clavulanic acid be taken with Nyquil, Xanax, Vyvanse, Mucinex or Azithromycin?
There are either weak or no reported interactions with above mentioned drugs with amoxicillin + clavulanic acid. Please consult your doctor before changing any medication.