Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid
Information about Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid
Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid Uses
Cefuroxime+Clavulanic Acid is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid works
Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid is a combination of two medicines: Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid. Cefuroxime is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body. Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which blocks the action of enzymes produced by bacteria to inactivate Cefuroxime . Addition of Clavulanic Acid reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Cefuroxime against bacteria.
Common side effects of Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Increased liver enzymes, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid
Zocef-CVAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹245 to ₹5194 variant(s)
Cefakind-CVMankind Pharma Ltd
₹264 to ₹3962 variant(s)
Pulmocef-CVMicro Labs Ltd
₹130 to ₹3503 variant(s)
FastclavIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹176 to ₹6053 variant(s)
Forcef-CVAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹210 to ₹3852 variant(s)
Oratil CVMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹57 to ₹6454 variant(s)
Stafcure CVMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹352 to ₹6453 variant(s)
Cfuro CVHetero Drugs Ltd
₹118 to ₹2443 variant(s)
Augxetil CVKoye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd
₹340 to ₹4652 variant(s)
Covatil CVMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹340 to ₹3522 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections, even if they have developed resistance.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Stop taking Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.
- Do not use leftover medicine for treating any infection in the future. Always consult your doctor before taking any antibiotic.