Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid
Information about Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid
Cefuroxime + clavulanic acid uses
Cefuroxime+Clavulanic Acid is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How cefuroxime + clavulanic acid works
This is a combination of two medicines: Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid. Cefuroxime is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body. Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which blocks the action of enzymes produced by bacteria to inactivate Cefuroxime. Addition of Clavulanic Acid reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Cefuroxime against bacteria.
Common side effects of cefuroxime + clavulanic acid
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Increased liver enzymes, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid
- ₹223 to ₹472Alkem Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹264 to ₹396Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹130 to ₹163Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹176 to ₹575Ipca Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹195 to ₹365Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹57 to ₹352Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹320 to ₹340Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹278 to ₹937Lupin Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹118 to ₹222Hetero Drugs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹310 to ₹425Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections, even if they have developed resistance.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Stop taking Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.
- Do not use leftover medicine for treating any infection in the future. Always consult your doctor before taking any antibiotic.
Frequently asked questions for Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid
Cefuroxime + Clavulanic Acid
Q. Can Cefuroxime+Clavulanic Acid be used to treat viral infections?
No, Cefuroxime+Clavulanic Acid is only indicated to treat bacterial infections. It does not treat viral infections such as common cold, flu.
Q. What are the contraindications associated with the use of Cefuroxime+Clavulanic Acid?
The use of Cefuroxime+Clavulanic Acid should be avoided in patients with known allergy to any constituents of this medicine. Inform your doctor about your medical history before taking this medicine to avoid any side effects.
Q. Can the use of Cefuroxime+Clavulanic Acid cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use of Cefuroxime+Clavulanic Acid can cause diarrhea. Antibiotics can kill good, or helpful bacteria in your stomach and can cause diarrhea. If you experience diarrhea, drink plenty of water or other fluids. Talk to your doctor if you have persistent diarrhea. Do not take any other medicines without consulting a doctor.
Q. Can I stop taking Cefuroxime+Clavulanic Acid when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Cefuroxime+Clavulanic Acid and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Q. What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Cefuroxime+Clavulanic Acid?
Keep this medicine in the packet or the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.