food interaction for CASTOPHENE
alcohol interaction for CASTOPHENE
pregnancy interaction for CASTOPHENE
lactation interaction for CASTOPHENE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CASTOPHENE
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for CASTOPHENE TABLET
Patients taking CASTOPHENE TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for CASTOPHENENo substitutes found
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for CASTOPHENE
- Together with Phenolphthalein, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- Avoid taking a Phenolphthalein for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Take Phenolphthalein after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
- Phenolphthalein should be preferably taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
Frequently asked questions for CASTOPHENE
Q.Does phenolphthalein cause urine discoloration?
Phenolphthalein reacts with urine and causes discoloration of urine, but it is nothing to worry about it
Q.Does phenolphthalein cause cancer?
Phenolphthalein when used for longer duration, beyond recommended dose may cause cancer growth.