food interaction for BUTESONE
alcohol interaction for BUTESONE
pregnancy interaction for BUTESONE
lactation interaction for BUTESONE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BUTESONE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for BUTESONENo substitutes found
- Dr. Anuj PallMBBS, MD, PhD, Certification
- Dr. Shuchi SinglaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Atula GuptaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Nirupama ParwandaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for BUTESONE
- Do not use clobetasone ointment/cream if you have chronic leg ulcers, psoriasis (red, itchy, scaly patches).
- Do not apply clobetasone cream near the eyes to avoid the risk of glaucoma (raised pressure inside eyes) or cataract (cloudiness of lens in eye) on repeated exposure to eyes.
- Do not apply the clobetasone topical solution on broken and infected skin, acne (pimples), flushed skin around the nose (rosacea), and itchy skin due to allergy (pruritus).
- If advised by your doctor to be used during breastfeeding, topical clobetasone should be wiped off thoroughly from the breasts prior to breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to clobetasone or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have untreated skin infections, rosacea (severe flushing of skin on and around the nose), acne (pimples), and itching of skin (pruritus) without inflammation.
Frequently asked questions for BUTESONE
Q.Is clobetasone/clobetasone butyrate a steroid?
Yes, clobetasone/clobetasone butyrate is a topical steroid
Q.What is clobetasone and white soft paraffin (wsp) used for?
Clobetasone along with other ingredients (excipients) such as liquid paraffin (wsp) is used to treat inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis
Q.Is clobetasol and clobetasone the same?
Both clobetasol and clobetasone are topical steroid but their effect may vary upon individual conditions or response.