Information about Clobetasone
Clobetasone is used in the treatment of skin disorders. These skin disorders include eczema, dermatitis, nappy rash or insect bites.
How Clobetasone works
Clobetasone is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of Clobetasone
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Expert advice for Clobetasone
- Clobetasone is used to treat the redness, swelling, itching, and discomfort of various skin conditions.
- It should be applied to the affected areas as a thin film two or three times daily, or as advised by your doctor.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Do not cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- If you think the area of skin you are treating has become infected you should stop using Clobetasone and consult your doctor.
- Consult your doctor if your skin condition has not improved after 2 weeks of treatment.