food interaction for BARBITOIN
alcohol interaction for BARBITOIN
pregnancy interaction for BARBITOIN
lactation interaction for BARBITOIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BARBITOIN
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for BARBITOIN
- EPILAN 30MG/100MG TABLET(150 tablets in bottle)Anglo-French Drugs & Industries LtdRs. 2.45/tabletRs. 367.42save 26% more per tablet
- PHENYTAL 30 MG/100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.20/tabletRs. 12save 64% more per tablet
- EPILAN 30MG/100MG TABLET(50 tablets in bottle)Anglo-French Drugs & Industries LtdRs. 2.38/tabletRs. 119.02save 28% more per tablet
- BARBITOIN 30MG/100MG TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Medo PharmaRs. 3.16/tabletRs. 316.12save 4% more per tablet
- EPICOM 30MG/100MG TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Abbott India LtdRs. 0.91/tabletRs. 91.30save 72% more per tablet
- Dr. Kapil AgarwalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Amit AroraMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tina AhluwaliaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sunil SinglaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Mayank ChawlaMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for BARBITOIN
- Do not take phenobarbitone if you are allergic to phenobarbitone or any of the other ingredient of the tablet.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: liver or kidney disease; temporary or chronic pain; mental depression or illness; disorders of pituitary gland or adrenal gland (e.g. pheochromocytoma); breathing problems; or porphyria (disturbance of metabolism that can be seen as disorders of the skin or other organs).
- Do not take phenobarbitone if you have an addiction to alcohol or drug abuse.
- Avoid taking phenobarbitone if you are pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not drive or operate machinery immediately after taking phenobarbitone as it may cause drowsiness.
Frequently asked questions for BARBITOIN
Q.What is phenobarbitone used for?
Phenobarbitone is used to control seizures in epilepsy patients and is also used to relieve anxiety. It may also be used as a sedative for patients about to undergo surgery; to treat people who are suffering from withdrawal symptoms from addiction to other seizure medication or who are going to stop medication
Q.What is phenobarbitone sodium?
Phenobarbitone sodium is one of the salt forms of phenobarbitone and is used for the same indications
Q.How does phenobarbitone work?
Phenobarbitone belongs to barbiturates. It acts by slowing down the activity of the brai
Q.Is it an enzyme inducer?
It is an enzyme inducer
Q.Is phenobarbitone a controlled drug?
Phenobarbitone is a controlled drug
Q.What is phenobarbitone syrup?
Phenobarbitone is available as tablet and syrup form for use.
Q.How does phenytoin work?
Phenytoin is used to control seizures in epilepsy patients. It is used majorly to treat patients who are having surgery in the brain or nervous system. It is used to treat as well as prevent seizures in such patients. Phenytoin belongs to a class of medication call anti-convulsants. It acts by slowing down the electrical activity of the brain
Q.Is phenytoin dialyzable?
Phenytoin is dialyzable
Q.Can it be removed by dialysis?
It can be removed by dialysis
Q.Can I take ibuprofen/aspirin/Tylenol with phenytoin?
Phenytoin is known to interact with ibuprofen/aspirin/Tylenol. It should be combined only on strict advice of the doctor
Q.Does phenytoin cause weight gain/QT prolongation/Gingival hyperplasia/memory loss/ hyponatremia/photosensitivity/hair loss/ make you sleepy/high?
Phenytoin is known to cause gingival hyperplasia/memory loss/ hyponatremia/photosensitivity make you sleepy as side effects. It is not known to cause weight gain/QT prolongation/make you high. Please inform the doctor immediately if you observe side effects.