food interaction for AZOFEN T
alcohol interaction for AZOFEN T
pregnancy interaction for AZOFEN T
lactation interaction for AZOFEN T
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR AZOFEN T
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR AZOFEN TNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR AZOFEN T
- Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
- If you develop a fever/flu-like symptoms while taking this medication, tell your doctor promptly. The dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted.
- Drinking or eating foods high in caffeine, like coffee, tea, cocoa, and chocolate, may increase the side effects caused by theophylline. Avoid large amounts of these substances while you are taking theophylline.
- Do not take theophylline if you are allergic to theophylline, similar medicines (eg, aminophylline), or xanthines (eg, caffeine).
- Consult your doctor before taking theophylline if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
- Consult your doctor before taking theophylline if you are in the last 3 months of pregnancy.
Frequently asked questions FOR AZOFEN T
Q. Is theophylline a steroid/ corticosteroid/ phosphodiesterase inhibitor/ stimulant/ antibiotic/ beta agonist/ bronchodilator/ used for COPD?
Theophylline (also available as Unicontin) is a xanthine derivative and a nonselective phosphodiesterase inhibitor. It is a stimulant; not an antibiotic or beta agonist. Theophylline is a bronchodilator and used to prevent and treat wheezing, shortness of breath, and chest tightness caused by asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and other lung diseases
Q. Does theophylline cause weight gain/ raise blood pressure/ weight loss/ insomnia/ tachycardia/ constipation/ hair loss?
Theophylline may cause increased heart rate, irregular heartbeat, insomnia. However, it is unlikely to cause weight gain, weight loss or hair loss. If any of the above side effects occur while taking theophylline, check with your doctor immediately
Q. Does theophylline need to weaned/ tapered?
No. Theophylline need not be weaned or tapered.
Q. Is ketotifen available over the counter?
Ketotifen eye drops are available over the counter. Ketotifen tablets and syrups are available only with doctor's prescription
Q. Is ketotifen legal?
Ketotifen is legal and available worldwide in many countries
Q. Is ketotifen a steroid?
Ketotifen is not a steroid
Q. Is ketotifen an antihistamine?
It is an antihistaminic drug
Q. Is ketotifen addictive?
Ketotifen is not addictive
Q. Is ketotifen safe?
Ketotifen is safe if taken as prescribed. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor
Q. Does ketotifen cause weight gain, make you sleepy, or drowsy?
Ketotifen can cause weight gain, can make you sleepy and drowsy
Q. How long does ketotifen take to work?
Ketotifen oral (tablet or syrup) takes about 2-4 hours to work and lasts up to 22 hours
Q. How long does ketotifen last?
Generally ketotifen eye drop takes 15 min to work and lasts up to 5-8 hours.