food interaction for ATORMAC CV
alcohol interaction for ATORMAC CV
pregnancy interaction for ATORMAC CV
lactation interaction for ATORMAC CV
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ATORMAC CV
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ATORMAC CV 10 CAPSULE
Patients taking ATORMAC CV 10 CAPSULE
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ATORMAC CV
- CLOPITORVA 10 MG/75 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 15.55/capsuleRs. 155.50pay 22% more per capsule
- ATORFIT CV 10 MG/75 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 14/capsuleRs. 140pay 10% more per capsule
- STORVAS CV 10 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 10.80/capsuleRs. 108save 15% more per capsule
- REMETOR CV 10 MG/75 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Lloyd Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 9.90/capsuleRs. 99save 22% more per capsule
- CLAVILIP 10MG/75MG CAPSULE(15 capsules in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.92/capsuleRs. 163.74save 14% more per capsule
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for ATORMAC CV
- Consult your doctor if you feel sudden muscle pain, weakness or fever
- Consult your doctor if you notice dark colored urine or yellowing of eyes or skin
- Avoid intake of excess fat containing food, it may reduce the effectiveness of atorvastatin.
- Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice, it may interact and lead to potentially dangerous effect.
- Talk to your doctor if you have had a previous stroke with bleeding into the brain
- Consult your doctor if you have kidney problems, under-active thyroid gland (hypothyroidism), a personal or family history of muscle problems
Frequently asked questions for ATORMAC CV
Q.What is tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20?
Atorvastatin (also available as tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20) belong to group of medications called statins (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors. It acts by blocking the enzyme HMG CoA reductase and formation of cholesterol, thus, lowering the blood lipid levels.
Q.Is atorvastatin same as simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is atorvastatin diuretic/ beta blocker/ ace inhibitor?
No. Atorvastatin belongs to class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor or statins
Q.It atorvastatin gluten free?
Yes. It is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is it a blood thinner?
No. it is a lipid lowering drug
Q.Is atorvastatin better than simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same category of medications with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.
Q.What is Deplatt CV 20?
Deplatt CV 20 is a combination of clopidogrel 75 mg, atorvastatin 10 mg and aspirin 75 mg
Q.Is clopidogrel a narcotic/ controlled substance?
No. Clopidogrel is not narcotic/ controlled substance.