food interaction for ATORMAC CV
alcohol interaction for ATORMAC CV
pregnancy interaction for ATORMAC CV
lactation interaction for ATORMAC CV
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ATORMAC CV
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ATORMAC CV 10 CAPSULE
Patients taking ATORMAC CV 10 CAPSULE
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ATORMAC CV
- CLOPITORVA 10 MG/75 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 15.55/capsuleRs. 155.50pay 22% more per capsule
- ATORFIT CV 10 MG/75 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 14/capsuleRs. 140pay 10% more per capsule
- STORVAS CV 10 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 10.80/capsuleRs. 108save 15% more per capsule
- REMETOR CV 10 MG/75 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Lloyd Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 9.90/capsuleRs. 99save 22% more per capsule
- CLAVIX GOLD 10MG CAPSULE(15 capsules in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.77/capsuleRs. 56.53save 70% more per capsule
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for ATORMAC CV
- Take Atorvastatin only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Atorvastatin, it may worsen the adverse effects of this medicine on the liver.
- Notify your doctor if you experience unexplained muscle pain or weakness, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Do not take Niacin with Atorvastatin. Niacin may increase Atorvastatin's side effects on the muscles, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Notify the doctor that you are taking this medicine before undergoing any kind of surgery.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
Frequently asked questions for ATORMAC CV
Q.What is tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20?
Atorvastatin (also available as tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20) belong to group of medications called statins (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors. It acts by blocking the enzyme HMG CoA reductase and formation of cholesterol, thus, lowering the blood lipid levels.
Q.Is atorvastatin same as simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is atorvastatin diuretic/ beta blocker/ ace inhibitor?
No. Atorvastatin belongs to class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor or statins
Q.It atorvastatin gluten free?
Yes. It is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is it a blood thinner?
No. it is a lipid lowering drug
Q.Is atorvastatin better than simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same category of medications with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.
Q.What is Deplatt CV 20?
Deplatt CV 20 is a combination of clopidogrel 75 mg, atorvastatin 10 mg and aspirin 75 mg
Q.Is clopidogrel a narcotic/ controlled substance?
No. Clopidogrel is not narcotic/ controlled substance.