Medicine Overview of Asrugen Eye Drop
Uses of Asrugen Eye Drop
Asrugen Eye Drop is used in the treatment of dry eye disease.
Side effects of Asrugen Eye Drop
Allergic reaction, Blurred vision, Eye discharge, Eye irritation, Eye itching, Eye pain, Foreign body sensation in eyes, Increased production of tears, Eye redness, Visual impairment.
How to use Asrugen Eye Drop
This medicine is for external use only.Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
How Asrugen Eye Drop works
Asrugen eye drop is an artificial tear and moistens the surface of the eye (including artificial eyes) in the same way as natural tears.
In Depth Information on Asrugen Eye Drop
Expert advice for Asrugen Eye Drop
- Do consult your doctor immediately: If you develop eye pain, If you develop headache, If your vision changes, If redness or irritation in the eye persists or worsens.
- Eye drops of other medications should be administered 15 min before using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops.
- Remove your contact lenses before use of carboxymethylcellulose eye drops and wait for at least 15 min before you insert them again.
- Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops are intended to be used for the eyes only.
- Do not touch the eyelids or surrounding areas with the dropper tip of the eye drop bottle, to avoid contamination.
- Do not use the eye drop if it changes color or becomes cloudy, In case of single-use container, ensure that the container is intact and use immediately after opening you may experience brief blurring of vision immediately upon use of carboxymethylcellulose eye drops. Wait until vision has cleared before driving or operating machinery.
- Do consult your doctor before using carboxymethylcellulose if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Asrugen Eye Drop
No interaction found
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Asrugen Eye Drop d+more
uring lactation. Please consult your doctor....
Asrugen Eye Drop may cause blurring of your vision for a sho+more
rt time just after its use. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Asrugen Eye Drop is probably safe to use in patients with ki+more
dney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Asrugen Eye Drop may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Asrugen Eye Drop is probably safe to use in patients with li+more
ver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Asrugen Eye Drop may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Carboxymethylcellulose, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Asrugen 0.5% w/v Eye Drop
Frequently asked questions for Carboxymethylcellulose
Asrugen belongs to a class of medicines called eye lubricants or artificial tears. It is used in the treatment of dry eye symptoms such as soreness, burning, irritation and discomfort.
Yes. Asrugen is safe when used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Substitutes for Asrugen Eye Drop
Wetica 0.5% w/v Eye Drop
Optica Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹7.7/ml of Eye Drop
Lubistar-Cmc 0.5% Eye Drop
Mankind Pharma Ltd
₹8.07/ml of Eye Drop
Mimic Eye Drop
₹8.75/ml of Eye Drop
Lubrifresh 0.5% w/v Eye Drop
Sapient Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹9.0/ml of Eye Drop
ON Tears 0.5% w/v Eye Drop
₹9.24/ml of Eye Drop