food interaction for ARKAMIN H
alcohol interaction for ARKAMIN H
pregnancy interaction for ARKAMIN H
lactation interaction for ARKAMIN H
Taking Hydrochlorothiazide with alcohol may have additive effects in lowering blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ARKAMIN H
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR ARKAMIN H TABLET
Patients taking ARKAMIN H TABLET
- 56%Once A Day
- 33%Twice A Day
- 7%Thrice A Day
- 4%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES FOR ARKAMIN HNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR ARKAMIN H
- Do not take clonidine, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to clonidine or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not take clonidine, if you have a slow heart rate due to heart problems.
- Avoid using clonidine, if you are pregnant, likely to get pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Consult your doctor before taking clonidine, if you have Raynaud’s disease (a problem with circulation to the fingers and toes) or other blood circulation problems, including circulation to the brain; heart or kidney problems; pheochromocytoma (tumor of the adrenal gland); depression; constipation; nerve disorder that causes your hands and feet to feel different (‘altered sensation’).
- Take precaution while taking clonidine, if you are going to have any blood tests as clonidine can affect results relating to your liver.
- Your eyes may get dry whilst taking clonidine, this may be a problem, if you wear contact lenses.
- Do not give clonidine to children younger than 18 years of age.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are taking clonidine as it may increase the effects of alcohol.
- You may feel sleepy or dizzy while taking clonidine. If this happens, be careful while driving or using any machinery.
- Do not stop using clonidine suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
Frequently asked questions FOR ARKAMIN H
Q. Is clonidine a beta blocker/ a benzodiazepine/an ace inhibitor/ a diuretic/an opiate/addictive/ narcotic/ a controlled substance?
Clonidine belongs to a group of medicines called vasodilators. It is not a beta blocker, benzodiazepine, ace inhibitor, diuretic, opiate, addictive, narcotic, a controlled substance
Q. Is clonidine used for anxiety/for sleep/ /for hot flashes/for opiate withdrawal/ clonidine help with methadone withdrawal?
Clonidine is primarily approved to be used as a medication for high blood pressure; it can be also used to treat anxiety, sleep disorders, hot flashes in women. Clonidine is used as a non-narcotic alternative to methadone for reducing withdrawal symptoms in people who are trying to stop taking opiate drugs such as morphine and heroin
Q. Is clonidine safe/ make you tired/ cause weight loss/ get u high/potentiate opiates/ does clonidine cause depression/ cause bradycardia?
Clonidine is safe if taken at recommended dosage and duration. Certain side effects include feeling tired, depression, bradycardia (low blood pressure). It can make you high and may potentiate opiates
Q. Does clonidine come in liquid form?
Clonidine is available in oral liquid form for children treated for attention deficient hyperactivity disorder and other mental disorders.
Q. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic,which increases the excretion of urine?
Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is hydrochlorothiazide a statin/ opiate?
No.It is the derivative of chlorothiazide
Q. Is hydrochlorothiazide bad for your kidneys?
No.Hydrochlorthiazide is a safe drug at prescribed dose by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you have kidney disease and follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take hydrochlorothiazide with lisinopril/ ibuprofen/ synthroid/ aspirin/ potassium/ phentermine/ losartan/ naproxen/ magnesium/ vitamins?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of hydrochlorothiazide. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide cause diabetes/ erectile dysfunction/ weight loss/ gout/ constipation/tinnitus/ potassium loss?
Hydrochlorothiazide causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide have sulfa in it?
Yes.Hydrochlorothiazide has sulfa and it is chemically known as 6-chloro- 3, 4-dihydro-2 H-1, 2, 4-benzothiadiazine-7-sulfonamide 1, 1-dioxide
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide clean your system?
No.Hydrochlorothiazide reduces extra fluid in the body.