Clonidine + Hydrochlorothiazide
Information about Clonidine + Hydrochlorothiazide
Clonidine + Hydrochlorothiazide Uses
Clonidine+Hydrochlorothiazide is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How Clonidine + Hydrochlorothiazide works
Clonidine + Hydrochlorothiazide is a combination of two medicines: Clonidine and hydrochlorothiazide which lower blood pressure effectively. Clonidine is an alpha-2 agonist. It works by relaxing blood vessels which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic which lowers blood pressure by removing extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of Clonidine + Hydrochlorothiazide
Sedation, Dryness in mouth, Decreased potassium level in blood, Increased uric acid level in blood, Slow heart rate, Increased blood lipid level, Glucose intolerance, Electrolyte imbalance, Sexual dysfunction
Available Medicine for Clonidine + Hydrochlorothiazide
Arkamin HTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Clonidine + Hydrochlorothiazide
- Your doctor has prescribed $ name to control Hypertension (high blood pressure).
- Take it as per dose and duration suggested by the doctor along with regular exercise and diet control.
- It makes you feel dizzy. Avoid driving and attention requiring activity until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause you to feel lightheaded especially when you stand up (orthostatic hypotension). Rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.