food interaction for AMTAS LP
alcohol interaction for AMTAS LP
pregnancy interaction for AMTAS LP
lactation interaction for AMTAS LP
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR AMTAS LP
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR AMTAS LP
- AMLOPRES L 5 MG/5 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 9.07/tabletRs. 136pay 30% more per tablet
- AMLOVAS L 5MG/5MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 8.07/tabletRs. 121pay 15% more per tablet
- AMLACE TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 7.58/tabletRs. 75.75pay 8% more per tablet
- AMLOSAFE LS 5 MG/5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 7/tabletRs. 70same price
- HIPRIL A 5MG/5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 9.60/tabletRs. 96pay 37% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR AMTAS LP
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Amlodipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Amlodipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Amlodipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Amlodipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions FOR AMTAS LP
Q. Is amlodipine safe?
Amlodipine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is amlodipine a diuretic/ blood thinner/ beta-blocker/ statin/ ACE inhibitor or a nitrate?
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker, not a diuretic, blood thinner, beta-blocker, statin, ACE inhibitor or a nitrate
Q. Can I take amlodipine with Viagra?
Amlodipine does not have any significant interaction with sildenafil, the active ingredient of Viagra. However, consult your doctor before taking both the drugs together
Q. Does amlodipine cause gout or coughing?
Amlodipine does not cause gout, in fact it can be taken by gout patients for the appropriate indication. Coughing is a very rare side effect of amlodipine
Q. What is Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 used for?
Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 are some of the trade names of amlodipine and used for the same indications as amlodipine.
Q. Is lisinopril a blood thinner, statin, diuretics, calcium channel blocker, nitrate, alpha blocker, or maoi?
No, lisinopril is not a blood thinner, statin (lower cholesterol levels), diuretics (water pill), calcium channel blocker, nitrate, alpha blocker, or monoamine oxidase inhibitors (maoi). It is angiotensin-converting-enzyme (ACE) inhibitor
Q. Can I take lisinopril with Viagra, Xanax, Cialis, or Nyquil?
Viagra (sildenafil) or Xanax (alprazolam) should not be given with lisinopril. It is not reported to interact with Cialis (tadalafil) or Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, and doxylamine). Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Can I take lisinopril with metformin, ibuprofen, hydrocodone, or acetaminophen?
Lisinopril should not be given with metformin or ibuprofen. It is not reported to interact with hydrocodone or acetaminophen. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Does lisinopril cause hair loss, erectile dysfunction (ED), diarrhea, decreased heart rate, cough, insomnia, or weight gain?
Lisinopril may cause erectile dysfunction (ED), diarrhea, or cough but it is not known to cause hair loss or weight gain. It can increase the heart rate. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Can I take lisinopril without hydrochlorothiazide?
Yes, but as per your doctors advise only
Q. Is lisinopril a generic drug?
Yes, lisinopril is a generic drug
Q. Is lisinopril safe?
Lisinopril is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.