food interaction for ABIXIM
alcohol interaction for ABIXIM
pregnancy interaction for ABIXIM
lactation interaction for ABIXIM
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ABIXIM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ABIXIM
- OMNATAX O 50 MG/ 5 ML DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Abbott India LtdRs. 1.85/ML of dry syrupRs. 55.50pay 196% more per ML of dry syrup
- ZIMNIC 50 MG/5 ML DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Abbott India LtdRs. 1.36/ML of dry syrupRs. 40.68pay 117% more per ML of dry syrup
- ARICEF O 50MG/5ML DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Micro Labs LtdRs. 0.64/ML of dry syrupRs. 19.31pay 3% more per ML of dry syrup
- CEFEXPRESS 50MG DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Encore Pharmaceuticals Inc.Rs. 1.56/ML of dry syrupRs. 46.66pay 149% more per ML of dry syrup
- LORAXIM 50MG DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Lark Laboratories LtdRs. 1.78/ML of dry syrupRs. 53.51pay 185% more per ML of dry syrup
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for ABIXIM
- Take caution when taking the medicine if you have liver or kidney disease or history of anemia.
- Take the tablets whole with a glass of water with or without food or milk. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- The medicine works best if taken with meal or within 30 minutes of a meal.
- Talk to your doctor if you have kidney problems, inflammation of colon (colitis) or if you are taking medicines to thin the blood (e.g. warfarin).
- Do not take cefixime if you are allergic to it or to any type of cephalosporin or penicillin drugs.
- Do not take cefexime if you have allergic reaction (rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, tongue and throat).
- Do not give cefixime to a child less than 6 months of age.
Frequently asked questions for ABIXIM
Q.What is cefexime and what is it used for?
Cefexime (also available as Topcef/ Taxem/ Mahacef/ Zifi/ Suprax) is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for a variety of infections of the throat, chest and urinary tract and infections like typhoid or gonorrhea
Q.Is cefixime same as penicillin?
It is not penicillin
Q.Does it contain sulfur?
It does not contain sulfur
Q.Does cefexime affect birth control?
There is no evidence of cefexime affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.