Thyroxine - Total in Greater Noida
Understanding Thyroxine - Total in Greater Noida
What is Thyroxine - Total in Greater Noida?
A Thyroxine - Total is a blood test that measures the level of total thyroxine (T4) hormone in the blood. This test helps assess overall thyroid function and detect possible thyroid disorders. It is also performed in combination with total T3 and TSH tests as part of a thyroid profile total test.
What does Thyroxine - Total measure?
A Thyroxine - Total measures both the bound and unbound/free form of thyroxine (T4) hormone in the blood. T4 exists in the blood in two forms: bound (attached to proteins) and free (not attached to proteins). Most of the T4 circulating in the blood is bound to proteins and only a small part is free. It is necessary to maintain a fine balance of these forms to ensure the proper functioning of the body.
Answers to Patient Concerns & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Thyroxine - Total in Greater Noida
Frequently Asked Questions about Thyroxine - Total in Greater Noida
Q. Why is a Thyroxine - Total test done?
Q. Can I take a Total T4 test during pregnancy?
Q. What happens when Total T4 levels are high?
Q. What happens when Total T4 levels are low?
Q. Is fasting required for a Total T4 test?
Q. What is Hyperthyroidism?
Q. What are the symptoms of Hyperthyroidism?
Q. What is Hypothyroidism?
Q. What are the symptoms of Hypothyroidism?
Q. Is there any risk associated with this test?
Q. How can hyperthyroidism affect a pregnant woman and her baby?
- Thyroid Function Tests [Internet]. Alexandria, VA: American Thyroid Association; [Accessed 07 Feb. 2023]. Available from: https://www.thyroid.org/thyroid-function-tests/
- University of Rochester Medical Center. Free and Bound Triiodothyronine (Blood) [Internet]. NY. [Accessed 07 Feb. 2023]. Available from: https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=167&ContentID=t3_free_and_bound_blood
- British Thyroid Foundation. Thyroid Function Test [Internet]. Scotland: British Thyroid Foundation; 2021 [Accessed 07 Feb. 2023]. Available from: https://www.btf-thyroid.org/thyroid-function-tests
- Block-Galarza J. Thyroid Function Tests [Internet]. Alexandria, VA: American Thyroid Association. [Accessed 07 Jul. 2023]. Available from: https://www.thyroid.org/patient-thyroid-information/ct-for-patients/december-2018/vol-11-issue-12-p-3-4/#:~:text=Most%20commonly%2C%20biotin%20use%20can,hormone%20dose%20is%20too%20high
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Thyroid Tests [Internet]. National Institute of Health; May 2017 [Accessed 07 Feb. 2023]. Available from: https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diagnostic-tests/thyroid
- Adhimoolam M, Arulmozhi R. Effect of antiepileptic drug therapy on thyroid hormones among adult epileptic patients: An analytical cross-sectional study. J Res Pharm Pract. 2016 Jul-Sep;5(3):171-4. [Accessed 07 Jul. 2023]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4966235/
- Dong BJ. How medications affect thyroid function. West J Med. 2000 Feb;172(2):102-6. [Accessed 09 Feb. 2023]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1070767/