Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Glucose - Random Blood
A random blood sugar test involves drawing blood at any given time, no matter when you last ate. This test is used when you have symptoms of high blood sugar like increased, appetite, increased thirst, increased urination or symptoms of low blood glucose like sweating, hunger, anxiety. It can also be used if you are pregnant or you have risk factors for diabetes like smoking, hypertension, hyperlipidemia.
Why Get Tested
- As a part of routine preventive health check up
- If you have symptoms of high blood sugar like increased appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, blurring of vision
- If you have risk factors for diabetes like high blood pressure, cardiovascolar disease, high cholesterol, obesity or family history of diabetes
- If you are pregnant
- If you are already a diabetic
- No special preparation required
What Results of Glucose - Random Blood mean?
- The American Diabetic Association and WHO says that if your random blood glucose is greater than equal to 200 mg/dl, you have diabetes
- If the levels is between 140-200mg/dl, you are at increased risk of developing diabetes (Pre diabetic).