NABL, NABH, ISO
Overview of Triple Marker with Graph
What is Triple Marker with Graph?
This test measures the levels of three important substances in the placenta namely alpha fetoprotein, human chorionic gonadotrophin and estriol. You should get this test done if you are between 15 to 20 weeks pregnant as it analyses the probability of the unborn baby to have certain genetic disorders like Down’s, Edward’s syndrome, neural tube defects and sometimes multiple pregnancies.
Why is Triple Marker with Graph done?
- If you are pregnant between 15 to 20 weeks to screen for chromosomal disorders like Down's syndrome, Edward syndrome, neural tube defects
Preparation for Triple Marker with Graph
- Please keep the hard copy of your latest pregnancy ultrasound report ready at the time of your test.
Sample Type for Triple Marker with Graph
The sample type collected for Triple Marker with Graph is: Blood
Interpreting Triple Marker with Graph results
- Positive triple marker test usually indicates that the unborn child has high risk of neural tube defects and chromosomal disorders like Down's syndrome, Patau syndrome etc. More specific tests like amniocentesis are then advised to make a definitive diagnosis
- Low alpha fetoprotein (AFP) along with low unconjugated estriol and high HCG usually indicate Down's syndrome
- Low levels of all three markers might indicate increased risk of trisomy 18 or Edward's syndrome
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and microbiologists. We evaluate over 50, 00,000 samples every year with access to sample quantities not readily available to most institutions. This depth of experience directly benefits us in catering to the patient with complex or rare cases and in interpreting unusual results. At the core of our expertise is the ability to provide our patients with an extensive and ever-growing portfolio of cutting-edge and routine testing for a broad range of disease states. Our capability enables us to quickly and easily move from a sound diagnostic course of action to confident decision making for improved patient care. Max Healthcare, a leading name in the healthcare industry, brings its medical expertise and hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home through Max@Home. With a special purpose to help people lead a life with independence and dignity, we deliver our services with compassion, excellence and reliability. To help you help you recover faster and lead a comfortable life, we provide nursing care attendants, physiotherapists and doctors for home visits. We also arrange for home sample collection and facilitate medical equipment on rent.