Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Kidney Function Test
This test is done to evaluate the function of your kidney; if you have symptoms that may indicate a kidney disorder like painful urination, blood in urine, frequent urges to urinate, high blood pressure, swelling of hands and feet. You may also need kidney function testing if you have other conditions that can harm the kidneys like diabetes or high blood pressure.
Why Get Tested
- As a part of preventive health check-up
- If you have signs or symptoms of kidney diseases like swelling or puffiness around the eyes, face, wrists, bloody urine, difficolt, painfol urination, mid back pain
- If you have risk factors for kidney disease like high blood pressure, diabetes mellitus, cardiovasclolar disease, obesity, elevated cholesterol or a family history of kidney disease
- If you are being treated for kidney disease for monitoring purposes
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
What Results of Kidney Function Test mean?
- Urea/ BUN - High levels suggest impaired kidney function caused by acute or chronic kidney disease or rarely due to some other conditions like congestive heart failure or dehydration
- Creatinine - High levels suggest impaired kidney function
- Calcium - Low levels may be seen with kidney failure
- Phosphorus - High blood levels are associated with kidney disease
- Albumin - Low blood level may indicate that the kidneys cannot prevent albumin from leaking out
- Glucose - High blood level indicate diabetes, which is an important cause of kidney disease
Tests Included in Kidney Function Test(5 tests)
- BUN/Creatinine Ratio
- Uric Acid
For over a hundred years, human pathology has been one of the keystones of medicine and rightly so at SRL, we offer our patients world-class Pathology services because their well-being is of the utmost importance to us. Pathology is quite simply the scientific study of the overall response of your body to any foreign influence, i.e., disease. Actually, we use this knowledge to diagnose & subsequently treat your ailment. What we basically do is carefully compare the normal structure and function of a human body (anatomy and physiology) to the abnormal structure and function we witness in an unwell human. Doing this is the most crucial phase & we take note of even the minutest details while adjudging the extent of your ailment because one slip can lead to an incorrect diagnosis, posing serious threat to your health. Our experts ensure that they are extremely careful while analyzing the samples. This is where our advanced technology chips in. SRL is proud to host state-of-the-art equipments based on the latest technology for a speedy and accurate result. We do not take any chances whatsoever with your health & well-being. Avail our Pathology services with no hesitation. You are always in good hands with SRL.