What is MRI Brain With Venography?
An MRI brain with venography creates a picture of the intracranial venous system (brain veins) and surrounding its soft tissues. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Preparation for MRI Brain With Venography
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Why Get Tested for MRI Brain With Venography?
- To diagnose cerebral venous thrombosis (blood clot formation in the dural venous sinuses which leads to blockage) and dural sinuses thrombosis
- To detect venous occlusion (veins blockage) which causes stroke or brain haemorrhage
- To find out the chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency (obstructed blood flow in the veins) and idiopathic intracranial hypertension (increased intracranial pressure around the brain).
Dr. Gulati Imaging Institute
Hauz Khas, DELHI
Dr. Gulati Imaging Institute is a unit of SM Imaging Institute Pvt. Ltd. has been conceptualized to provide diagnostic services par excellence with endeavour to reach beyond international standards. The facility has the latest state of the art technology backed up by a team of experts in the field.