Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Lipid Profile
It includes the evaluation of your total cholesterol, high density lipoproteins (HDL), low density lipoproteins (LDL) and triglycerides. This test is basically used for the assessment of your risk of cardiovascular disease. You should get this test done every 4 to 6 years if you don’t have any other risk factors for heart disease; get it done yearly if you have risk factors for heart disease like high blood pressure, smoking, diabetes, low HDL cholesterol, and family history of heart disease.
Why Get Tested
- It is a part of complete health check up or package
- If you are already diagnosed with heart disease
- It shoold be done every six months if you have risk factors for heart diseases like cigarette smoking, hypertension, diabetes, family history of heart disease
- Even if you don't have risk factors for heart disease, get this test done every four to six years
- The American Academy of Pediatrics also recommend that lipid profile must be done once between the ages of 9 to 11 years and again between 17 to 21 years of age
- It is done routinely to evaluate the effectiveness of lipid lowering medicines
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
What Results of Lipid Profile mean?
- In general, healthy lipid levels help to maintain a healthy heart and lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke
- High level of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides are associated with high risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Low levels of HDL cholesterol can lead to increased risk of heart diseases
Tests Included in Lipid Profile(5 tests)
- Cholesterol - HDL
- Cholesterol - LDL
- Very Low Density Lipoprotein
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. We have focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. With a belief that 'Quality' is the heart of any intelligent management, Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008; NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
Excellent service and delivery in very short period. Highly impressive
Himadri Shekhar Das