NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of C-Peptide
C peptide is a protein excreted by the kidneys and is a by product of insulin production.
Why Get Tested
- To assess insolin production by the body from pancreas
- If you have insolin resistance i.e. type 2 diabetes and the doctor wants to see if you need insolin supplement externally
- It may be ordered along with blood glucose levels to identify the cause of hypoglycaemia if you have symptoms like fainting, shivering, confusion, sweating, palpitations etc.
- To diagnose tumors of the pancreas – insolinoma
- To assess amount of insolin production if you are a type 1 diabetic
- No special preparation required
What Results of C-Peptide mean?
- High level of C peptide usually means there is high insulin production in the body as compared to the glucose intake which is interpreted as insulin resistance and diabetes type 2.
- Low levels mean low insulin production in case of type 1 diabetes and excessive external insulin injections.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.