Medicine Overview of Ultravist Injection
Ultravist 300mg I/ml Injection is used in diagnosis of disease of spinal cord.
Headache, Altered taste, Vomiting, Chest pain, Injection site pain, Back pain, Nausea, Infusion site reaction, Abnormal vision, Decreased blood pressure, Frequent urge to urinate.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Iopromide belongs to a class of drugs known as Iodinated radiographic contrast agent. It enhances imaging due to its high Iodine content attenuating the beam of X-rays during examination.
In Depth Information on Ultravist Injection
• Always keep yourself hydrated before administration of any contrast media to prevent any kidney damage due to dehydration.
• Do not administer iopromide intrathecal (within the layers of spine).
• Inform your doctor if you have liver, kidney or heart disease or if you had reactions to previous injections of Iopromide used for x-ray procedures.
• Inform your doctor if you are diabetic or if you have cancer, pheochromocytoma (adrenal gland tumor), blood disorder (Sickle cell anemia) or thyroid disorder or if you have a history of fits (epilepsy) or any blood clotting problems.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Patients allergic to iopromide or any of its ingredients should not take it.
• Children who have been administered a laxative or are dehydrated due to prolonged fasting should not take iopromide.
Ultravist Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Ultravist 300mg I/ml Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Ultravist 300mg I/ml Injection is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
It is not known whether Ultravist 300mg I/ml Injection alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Ultravist 300mg I/ml Injection should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Ultravist 300mg I/ml Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Ultravist 300mg I/ml Injection should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Ultravist 300mg I/ml Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Not applicable. Ultravist 300mg I/ml Injection is given before imaging test, so it is important to take it at the time as advised by the doctor. If you miss the dose, your test results can be inaccurate.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Ultravist 300mg I/ml Injection: PPR, IAD, FGH, KMC, RDH, RPP, BLE, ZEL, BGS, ARD, OHM, SMN, SWA, HSP, BSN, SYN, SAF, ATP, HAT, RKS, WSI, SLN, SPD, SBL, QTM, BTM, WHL, RSS, OWP, HPC, SWP, MDO, AWS, DPL, PVP, SGH, PMA, LMS, HIP, RPI, NDP, ZVP, GHR, ENP, ABP, ANT, HNP, VRS, PRN, IPL, SDM, TRP, DPP, DHP, VDH, NXG, NVY, SBA, BDN, PNT, BIO, RJH, PTI, LHA, DGN, BAL, SSA, RWP, HMP, DFP, OLT, ADT, THP, SCH, RHW, STA, 9T9, SHC, BHP, AVS, VNS, OIP, MSD, MAK, MPC, P2P, DVH, LCC, CLT, GBL, BBS, DHR, SVS, NWP, USF, JBT, SVH, CHP, AYM, ESY, DZY, BMJ, BHM, BHS, EPS, HTS, SJP, MLC, KHC, RUS, TNH, KHH, JIV, NVL, MAX, EVP, AYU, JVO, AGT, RSA, RDR, HEX, INC, DAO, PEN, AAR, NNH, BLS, GTK, GPT, SRG, EQN, GNC, AMR, JSL, VJS, KIS, MMS, MDH, AAY, HZF, NTB, PWN, HBV, JHC, BAP, ZPR, HGI, UBL, PLT, GPP, MAM, NSL, JVN, UMP, NAS, TFP, NNP, QLF, SGC, ATL, GTC, DYG, RHL, TOM, EMB, SHD, MAP