Medicine Overview of Timolet P Eye Drop
Uses of Timolet P Eye Drop
Timolet P Eye Drop is used in the treatment of ocular hypertension and glaucoma.
Side effects of Timolet P Eye Drop
Stinging in the eyes, Blurred vision, Burning eyes.
How to use Timolet P Eye Drop
This medicine is for external use only.Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
How Timolet P Eye Drop works
Timolet P Eye Drop is a beta blocker. It works by decreasing the production of aqueous humour (fluid in the eye), thereby lowering the increased eye pressure.
In Depth Information on Timolet P Eye Drop
Expert advice for Timolet P Eye Drop
- Timolet p helps lower high pressure in the eye and reduces the risk of vision loss.
- Never miss a dose. If you do, take it as soon as you remember as missed doses can cause fluctuations in the eye pressure which may worsen your condition.
- Notify your doctor if you have lung diseases such as asthma, or heart diseases (slow heart rate, high blood pressure) as Timolet p may worsen these conditions.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop so that the medicine does not drain away from the eye.
- When applying multiple eye medications, wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- You may experience a stinging sensation for 1-2 mins after instilling eye drops. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
Special precautions for Timolet P Eye Drop
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Timolet P Eye Drop may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Timolet P Eye Drop is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Timolet P Eye Drop may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Timolet P Eye Drop is probably safe to use in patients with+more
kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Timolet P Eye Drop may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Timolet P Eye Drop should be used with caution in patients w+more
ith liver disease. Dose adjustment of Timolet P Eye Drop may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Timolet P 0.5% Eye Drop
Frequently asked questions for Timolol
Timolet p is a beta blocker. It is not a selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic
The Timolet p eye drop is preservative fre
Timoptic and copsopt are brand names of the eye drops containing Timolet p
Q. Does it need to be refrigerated?
The timolol containing eye drops should not be refrigerated
Timolet p is used to lower blood pressure
Q. Does it stop growth of hemangiomas?
It may be used to stop growth of hemangiomas (only after prescription from the doctor)
Q. Does Timolet p cause weight gain/hair loss/ miosis/make eyelashes grow/ cause dry eyes/slow heart rate?
Timolet p does not make eyelashes grow. It is a blood pressure lowering medication. It is not known to cause weight gain/hair loss/miosis. It may cause dry eyes/slow heart rate as a side effect. If any side effects of the drug are observed then one should inform the doctor immediately.
Substitutes for Timolet P Eye Drop
Timoblu 0.5% Eye Drop
₹9.49/ml of Eye Drop
Timolast 0.5% Eye Drop
₹13.7/ml of Eye Drop
Timowa 0.5% Eye Drop
Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹5.77/ml of Eye Drop
Ocupress 0.5% Eye Drop
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹6/ml of Eye Drop
Timopress 0.5% Eye Drop
₹6.45/ml of Eye Drop