food interaction for TAPAL P
alcohol interaction for TAPAL P
pregnancy interaction for TAPAL P
lactation interaction for TAPAL P
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TAPAL P
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR TAPAL P
- PROXYVON FORTE 50 MG/325 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Wockhardt LtdRs. 11.95/tabletRs. 119.50pay 10% more per tablet
- VORTH TP PLUS 50 MG/325 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 14.25/tabletRs. 142.50pay 31% more per tablet
- ACUTAP P 50 MG/325 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Comed Chemicals LtdRs. 11.04/tabletRs. 110.42pay 1% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR TAPAL P
- Do not take tapentadol tablet/oral solution if you are allergic to tapentadol or any other ingredient of the tablet/solution.
- Do not use tapentadol if you have asthma or any other respiratory problems; liver, kidney or pancreatic disease; constipation.
- Avoid using tapentadol if you have head injury, brain tumor, increased pressure in brain; epilepsy, or are at risk to epilepsy.
- Do not use tapentadol if you have tendency to abuse medicine.
- Do not take tapentadol if you are taking other opioid medicines (like pentazocine, nalbuphine, buprenorphine); medicines that affect serotonin level.
- Avoid using tapentadol if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking tapentadol.
Frequently asked questions FOR TAPAL P
Q. Is tapentadol an opiate or narcotic?
Tapentadol is an opiate and narcotic
Q. Is tapentadol a controlled drug?
Tapentadol is a controlled drug
Q. Is tapentadol the same or stronger than morphine, tramadol, or oxycodone?
Tapentadol belongs to same category of drugs as morphine, tramadol and oxycodone with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q. Can I take paracetamol, tramadol, suboxone, methadone, or oxycodone with tapentadol?
Tapentadol can be taken with paracetamol, suboxone, methocodone. Tapentadol when taken with tramadol may lead to serotonin syndrome. Tapentadol when taken with oxycodone may lead increased side effects caused by both the drugs
Q. Does tapentadol get you high or cause euphoria?
Tapentadol can get you high and may cause euphoria
Q. Does tapentadol have aspirin, morphine or codeine in it?
Tapentadol does not contain aspirin, morphine or codeine in it.
Q. Is paracetamol safe/ banned/ available in India?
Paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen, crocin, dolo, calpol, pacimol) is an over-the-counter drug available in India. It is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is paracetamol a painkiller/ used for cold?
Paracetamol is used to relieve mild to moderate pain associated with cold and flu, as well as fever
Q. Does paracetamol make you drowsy / sleepy?
Paracetamol does not cause drowsiness. However, paracetamol is available in combination with cough and cold medicines (eg. cetirizine, chlorpheniramine), which may cause drowsiness or sleepiness
Q. Is paracetamol an NSAID/ antibiotic?
Paracetamol is a anti-pyretic (anti-fever), anti -inflammatory drug, which belongs to the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). However, unlike other NSAIDS, paracetamol can relieve only mild to moderate pain. It is not an antibiotic
Q. Can I take crocin with cetirizine/ aceclofenac/ amoxicillin/ codeine/ tramadol/ warfarin/ erythromycin/ antibiotics?
Yes, paracetamol (available as crocin) can be taken with all of these drugs. Caution is advised when crocin is to be used with warfarin. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q. Can I take crocin with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID?
Paracetamol (available as crocin) is available over-the-counter in combination with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q. Does paracetamol cause death?
Paracetamol on overdose can severely damage the liver and cause death. No more than 4 grams should be consumed in one day. Always consult your doctor regarding use of paracetamol
Q. Can calpol make babies/ toddlers sleep/ help in teething pain?
Calpol can relieve pain in infants and children; it does not make them sleep.