food interaction for SURFACT
alcohol interaction for SURFACT
pregnancy interaction for SURFACT
lactation interaction for SURFACT
SALT INFORMATION for SURFACT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SURFACTNo substitutes found
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
Expert advice for SURFACT
- Colfosceril palmitate should administered only by trained medical personnel and benefits versus risk should be carefully assessed before using it in infants weighing 500-700g.
- The infants should be continuously monitored to avoid hyperoxaemia (due to rapid improvement in arterial oxygen concentration).
Frequently asked questions for SURFACT
Q.What is colfosceril palmitate?
Colfosceril palmitate is a natural lung surfactant called as dipalmitoyl phosphatidylcholine that lubricates the linings of the air spaces in lungs, thereby enabling normal breathing. It is effective in newborn babies who have difficulty in breathing due to lack of enough surfactant in their lungs.