Expert advice for SOL X
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, blood vessel, liver, kidney, bladder or prostate disorder.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience difficulty in breathing, swollen lips or skin, severe rashes and itching, hallucinations, restlessness or sleep disturbances.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken medication for any mental illness, high blood pressure or glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems).
- Do not take if allergic to pseudoephedrine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if medication is going for any mental disorder, nasal sprays for decongestion, high blood pressure.
- Do not take if suffering with kidney, heart, liver, blood vessel disorder or diabetes, hyperthyroidism, phaeochromocytoma (a rare tumor of the adrenal glands) or glaucoma.
- Do not take if below below 12 years.
- Do not take if Pregnant and breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for SOL X
Q. Can I take pseudoephedrine for allergies?
Pseudoephedrine does give symptomatic relief from seasonal allergic conditions such as runny nose and nasal decongestion.
Q. Can I take pseudoephedrine with ibuprofen?
Yes. Ibuprofen may relieve fever experienced during cold.
Q. Is Bromhexine an antihistamine?
No, Bromhexineis not an antihistamine.
Q. Is diphenhydramine a blood thinner/narcotic/water soluble?
No, it is an antihistaminic drug and not a blood thinner or narcotic.
Q. Is diphenhydramine Hcl the same as Benadryl?
Benadryl is a trade name of product containing the drug diphenhydramine.
Q. Is diphenhydramine hydrochloride/Benadryl safe?
It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Is Benadryl safe for infants?
No, it should not be given to infants. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Is Benadryl an expectorant/antibiotic?
Benadryl is an expectorant as guaifenesin is one of its components. And it is not an antibiotic.
Q. Is Benadryl banned in India?
No, it is available in India.
Q. Is Benadryl effective?
It is effective at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration and disease condition as advised by your doctor.
Q. Can you take diphenhydramine/ Benadryl for anxiety/cold/hives/bug bites/sleep?
Diphenhydramine tablet is used for the relief of short term sleeplessness. It can be used for cold and treatment of hives. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Can I take Benadryl for a rash/dry cough/cold/eczema/ sinus infection/yeast infection/headaches/sinus/motion sickness/ skin rash/itchy skin?
Benadryl is used to treat sneezing, runny nose, itching, watery eyes, hives, rashes, itching, and other symptoms of allergies and the common cold. It is also used to suppress coughs, to treat motion sickness, to induce sleep, and to treat mild forms of Parkinson’s disease. But, it is not used for eczema, sinus infection, and yeast infection. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Can I take diphenhydramine with hydrocodone/dextromethorphan and guaifenesin/ acetaminophen/phenylephrine/tramadol/Zoloft/ doxylamine succinate/prednisone/ citalopram/Advil?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of diphenhydramine. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
Q. Can I take Benadryl with Zyrtec/Mucinex/Sudafed/ Tamiflu/ amoxicillin/Xanax/Advil/ azithromycin/Norco/robitussin?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of Benadryl. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
Q. Does diphenhydramine make you sleepy/drowsy?
Yes, it makes you sleepy/drowsy. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Does diphenhydramine cause Alzheimer’s/depression/constipation/dementia/increase blood pressure?
Diphenhydramine causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.
Q. Does diphenhydramine potentiate opiates?
No it does not potentiate opiates.
Q. Does Benadryl make you sleepy/high/ raise blood pressure/weight gain?
Benadryl causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.