food interaction for SIZODON FORTE
alcohol interaction for SIZODON FORTE
pregnancy interaction for SIZODON FORTE
lactation interaction for SIZODON FORTE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SIZODON FORTE
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for SIZODON FORTE TABLET
Patients taking SIZODON FORTE TABLET
- 69%Once A Day
- 23%Twice A Day
- 8%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for SIZODON FORTE
- RISDONE FORTE 4 MG/2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.15/tabletRs. 61.50save 16% more per tablet
- ZISPER FORTE 4 MG/2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 6.15/tabletRs. 61.50save 16% more per tablet
- RISNIA FORTE 4MG/2MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 4.65/tabletRs. 46.50save 36% more per tablet
- RISCON FORTE TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Icon Life SciencesRs. 6.50/tabletRs. 65save 11% more per tablet
- DON FORTE 4MG/2MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Crescent Therapeutics LtdRs. 5/tabletRs. 50save 32% more per tablet
- Dr. Neha Bansal
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rahul ChandhokMBBS, MD
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for SIZODON FORTE
- You will be regularly monitored for increase in weight, blood glucose level (if you are suffering from diabetes), and for signs and symptoms of fever and infection if you are having history of low white blood cell count.
- Children and adolescents should be carefully monitored to check the sleepiness (sedative) effects of risperidone.
- Your child will be regularly monitored for measurements of height, weight, sexual maturation, monitoring of menstrual functioning, and other potential prolactin-related effects.
- Use with caution if you have history of fits (seizures).
- If you are a men taking risperidone, you may be at a risk of getting priapism (persistent and painful erection of the penis). Seek for medical advice if you develop such signs and symptoms.
- Use risperidone with caution in patients with heart disorders such as heart failure, heart attack, conduction abnormalities, dehydration or decrease in blood volume.
- Do not take risperidone if you develop tardive dyskinesia (twitching or jerking movements that you cannot control in your face, tongue, or other parts of your body).
- Do not consume alcohol along with risperidone as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not take risperidone along with furosemide, as it may lead to death.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for SIZODON FORTE
Q.Is risperidone addictive/controlled substance?
No. Risperidone is neither addictive nor controlled substance
Q.Is risperidone an antipsychotic/ sedative/SSRI/ neuroleptic?
Risperidone is an atypical antagonist which may show sedative effects. It has affinity towards serotonin. Few studies have shown that risperidone induces neuroleptic malignant syndrome
Q.Is risperidone used for anxiety?
No. Risperidone is not used for anxiety
Q.Is risperidone a benzo?
No. Risperidone is not a benzo
Q.Is risperidone the same as risperdal?
Yes. Risperdal is a brand name of drug risperidone
Q.Can I take risperidone with nyquil?
No. Taking risperidone with Nyquil (dextromethorphan and doxylamine) may increase the side effects such as drowsiness, blurred vision, dry mouth, heat intolerance, flushing, decreased sweating, difficulty urinating, abdominal cramping, constipation, rapid heartbeats, confusion, and memory problems
Q.Can I take vicodin/tramadol/ ambien/diazepam with risperidone?
Using Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone), Ambien (zolpidem) or diazepam together with risperidone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Tramadol may increase the risk of seizures when given with risperidone
Q.Can I take ibuprofen/ trazodone/melatonin/ Tylenol with risperidone?
Yes. Taking ibuprofen/ trazodone/melatonin/ Tylenol (acetaminophen) with risperidone does not cause any harmful effects. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Does risperidone cause depression/ weight loss/ high prolactin levels/ weight gain/ lower blood pressure/ make you high or drowsy/ help you sleep?
These side effects are commonly observed with risperidone use. Stop taking risperidone and consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
Q.Does trihexyphenidyl get you high/ cause weight gain?
Trihexyphenidyl doesn't make you feel high. It does not cause weight gai
Q.Does trihexyphenidyl work?
Trihexyphenidyl works by blocking the action of a chemical called acetylcholine on the nerves which results in relaxing of smooth muscles; thereby, reducing the rigidity of muscle spasm (sudden involuntary contraction of a muscle or group of muscles), tremor (uncontrolled shaking) and excessive salivation associated with Parkinson's disease.