Medicine Overview of Otogesic Ear Drop
Otogesic 1.1% Ear Drop is used for local anesthesia.
Palpitations, Increased sensitivity to light, Chest pain, Contact dermatitis, Diarrhoea, Eye irritation, Skin irritation.
This medicine is for external use only.Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
Otogesic 1.1% Ear Drop works by blocking pain signals from the nerves to brain which decreases the sensation of pain.
In Depth Information on Otogesic Ear Drop
- Avoid prolonged use. Always follow label instructions or instructions of your doctor regarding use of dibucaine ointment.
- In patients with hemorrhoids, stop use of dibucaine and contact your doctor immediately if you notice bleeding from anus (rectal bleeding).
- Contact your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 7 days of treatment with dibucaine, or if you notice redness, irritation, swelling, bleeding, or any new symptoms.
- Do not use dibucaine ointment in children aged below 2 years.
- Avoid exposing affected areas to sunlight or tanning beds after applying dibucaine ointment. Wear protective clothing or use sunscreens for protection.
- Dibucaine ointment is meant for external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Wash thoroughly with water in case of accidental contact.
- Do not use dibucaine on open wounds, dry, chapped or irritated skin.
- Before applying dibucaine, wash the skin thoroughly with soap and water and pat dry gently with a soft cloth or tissue.
- You may cover the treated skin with a light dressing (light bandage or gauze). Avoid dressings that do not allow air to pass through it (occlusive dressings) such as plastic wraps.
- Do consult your doctor before using dibucaine, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Otogesic Ear Drop related warnings
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Otogesic 1.1% Ear Drop may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Otogesic 1.1% Ear Drop is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Otogesic 1.1% Ear Drop may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Otogesic 1.1% Ear Drop in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Otogesic 1.1% Ear Drop in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Otogesic 1.1% Ear Drop, please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Otogesic 1.1% Ear Drop
Patients taking Otogesic 1.1% Ear Drop What were the side-effects while using Otogesic 1.1% Ear Drop? How much was the improvement? Please rate Otogesic 1.1% Ear Drop on price What are you using Otogesic Ear Drop for?
Survey Participants: 7
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Otogesic 1.1% Ear Drop. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Otogesic Ear Drop
Otogesic ointments may be available as over the counter
Otogesic ointment should be applied on the affected area 3 to 4 times daily or as advised by your doctor. Before applying Otogesic, wash the skin thoroughly with soap and water and pat dry gently with a soft cloth or tissue. You may cover the treated skin with a light dressing (light bandage or gauze). Avoid dressings that do not allow air to pass through it (occlusive dressings) such as plastic wraps. Do not use Otogesic on open wounds, dry, chapped or irritated skin. Please follow your doctor's advice or instructions provided with the product regarding use.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Otogesic 1.1% Ear Drop: PPR, WHL, PVP, BIO, RHL, IAD, BBS, RUS, MDH, QLF, VNS, NXG, RWP, GPP, NSL, NTB, ZVP, KMC, PEN, PWN, NVL, EMB, DGN, BLE, ATP, SWP, HIP, HPC, JIV, BTM, DLP, MLC, AYM, NNH, EVP, SLN, NDP, BAP, DYG, RKS, STA, SSA, VDH, ABP, GTC, LHA, KHC, ENP, TRP, NVY, RPI, HAT, JVN, ESY, ANT, ATL, CLT, INC, PTI, GBL, LCC, 9T9, GHR, MAX, DHR, SHC, HZF, OIP, MAM, USF, BHM, SRG, SJP, GNC, MMS, UMP, WSI, MSD, RSA, RDR, TNH, DFP, PNT, AMR, DVH, SBA, RPP, ADT, MPC, PLT, OWP, QTM, JVO, SHD, HGI, RDH, PRN, HTS, DPL, EQN, SVH, BAL, ZEL, DPP, HBV, SYN, VRS, SWA, MAK, BSN, AYU, ARD, KHH, P2P, TFP, BDN, SHP, OLT, HEX, IPL, SCH, SGH, HMP, BHP, MDO, SGC, AAY, AGT, GTK, THP, FGH, RSS, PMA, AAR, TOM, RHW, HSP, RJH, JSL, BMJ, HNP, SDM, SAF, SBL, GPT, OHM