food interaction for NEOSPORIN H
alcohol interaction for NEOSPORIN H
pregnancy interaction for NEOSPORIN H
lactation interaction for NEOSPORIN H
medicine interaction for NEOSPORIN H
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR NEOSPORIN H
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR NEOSPORIN HNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR NEOSPORIN H
- The injectable form of this drug is given only to hospitalized patients and under medical supervision.
- You may get diarrhea after taking the injection. This usually settles as the course id completed. Consult your doctor if the diarrhea persists or worsens.
- Consult your doctor if you get watery or bloody stools after completing the course.
- Do not take polymyxin B if you are allergic to polymyxin B or any of the other ingredients of the drops or ointment.
- Do baseline kidney function test before starting the medicine.
- Consult your doctor before taking polymyxin B eye ointment/ drops: If you are taking herbal drugs or eye drops. If you are applying any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or steroids. If you wear contact lenses. If you have thinning of the eye tissue. If you have diabetes.
- Women who are pregnant or breast feeding should consult the doctor on taking this medication.
- Eye pressure should be regularly checked in patients taking the eye ointment /drops especially in children.
- Do not drive or use machines immediately after using the drops/ointment as it may cause blurred vision.
- If you wear contact lenses, then remove them before applying the drops/ointment and wear them only after 15 min.
Frequently asked questions FOR NEOSPORIN H
Q. Is polymyxin B an antibiotic/sulpha drug/penicillin?
Polymyxin B belongs to a class of medication called antibiotics. It is not a sulpha drug/penicillin
Q. Is polymyxin B bacteriostatic or bacteriocidal?
Polymyxin B is bactericidal i.e. it kills bacteria
Q. Does Polymyxin B expire?
Polymyxin B does expire and should not be used beyond the expiry date
Q. Does polymyxin B treat pink eye or conjunctivitis?
Polymyxin B is not used to treat pink eye or conjunctivitis
Q. Does it treat sties?
It is not used for the treatment of sties in the eyes
Q. Is polymyxin B safe for infants?
It is not considered to be safe for infants.
Q. Does neomycin has sulfa or does the sulphate present in this drug contain sulfa?
No, neomycin does not contain sulfa (sulphonamide group) and the sulphate group present in this drug has no link with sulfa either
Q. Does neomycin expire?
Yes. The expiry date is provided on the blister pack of tablets or the ointment tube
Q. Does neomycin cover pseudomonas?
No, neomycin is not effective against pseudomona
Q. Does neomycin contain penicillin?
No, neomycin does not contain penicillin. It belongs to a group of drugs called aminoglycosides
Q. Does neosporin help acne /cold soresNeosporin contains neomycin in addition to bacitracin and polymyxin. Neosporin does not treat acne or cold sores. It only helps in the treatment of some infections of the skin.Does neosporin help scars?
Neosporin contains neomycin in addition to bacitracin and polymyxin. Neosporin does not help in the treatment of scars. It only helps in the treatment of some infections of the skin
Q. Does neosporin help cuts?
Neosporin contains neomycin in addition to bacitracin and polymyxin. Neosporin only helps prevent or treat the infection of wounds. It does help heal the cuts
Q. Does neomycin cause tinnitus?
Neomycin is known to cause damage to the ear. One of the symptoms of damage to ear is tinnitus
Q. Is neomycin safe?
Neomycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.