food interaction for MYOSPAZ D
alcohol interaction for MYOSPAZ D
pregnancy interaction for MYOSPAZ D
lactation interaction for MYOSPAZ D
Taking diclofenac with alcohol can increase your risk of stomach bleeding.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MYOSPAZ D
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for MYOSPAZ D TABLET
Patients taking MYOSPAZ D TABLET
- 60%Twice A Day
- 27%Once A Day
- 7%Alternate Day
- 7%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for MYOSPAZ D
- FLEXURA D 50 MG/400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 13/tabletRs. 130save 5% more per tablet
- MOBISWIFT D 50 MG/400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 12.10/tabletRs. 121save 12% more per tablet
- LYSOFLAM MR 50 MG/400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 9.90/tabletRs. 98.96save 28% more per tablet
- MYOSPAS D TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Win-Medicare Pvt LtdRs. 15.10/tabletRs. 151pay 10% more per tablet
- FLEXALONE D 50MG/400MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Icon Life SciencesRs. 9.53/tabletRs. 95.25save 31% more per tablet
- Dr. Ashok KumarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Sri Ram GargMBBS
- Dr. Sumeet AgrawalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Naval MendirattaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Indrajit AgrawalMBBS, MD, Fellowship
Expert advice for MYOSPAZ D
- Diclofenac should be taken with food or immediately after meals.
- Take the medicine with food to avoid stomach upset.
- Do not take antacids withh magnesium as they can interact with the drug.
- Do not take diclofenac, If you are allergic to diclofenac.
- Do not drink alcohol while takig this drug.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines, if you feel dizzy, tired, have a headache or get blurred vision after taking diclofenac.
Frequently asked questions for MYOSPAZ D
Q.Is diclofenac safe?
Diclofenac (also available as voveran, dynapar) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is diclofenac nephrotoxic?
Diclofenac can interfere with normal kidney function when taken at larger doses for a longer duration. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its uses
Q.Is diclofenac safe in asthma?
Diclofenac may worsen the symptoms of asthma in some patients already suffering from asthma. Talk to your doctor before taking diclofenac in asthma
Q.Is diclofenac banned in India?
Diclofenac is available over-the-counter and it is not banned in India
Q.Is diclofenac a blood thinner / controlled substance?
Diclofenac is a pain relieving medication and it does not significantly affect the function of platelets in blood; hence it is not a blood thinner. It is not a controlled substance as it does not have the potential for abuse or addiction
Q.Does diclofenac increase blood pressure?
Diclofenac does not have any effect on blood pressure in normal individuals. However, consult your doctor before taking diclofenac if you are already suffering from high blood pressure or any other heart disease
Q.Does diclofenac induce sleep?
Diclofenac does not induce sleep.
Q.Is metaxalone addictive?
No. Metaxalone is not addictive. Only if taken with CNS depressants, then there are chances of addition due to relief action
Q.Is metaxalone a narcotic?
No. Metaxalone is not a narcotic drug. It is a muscle relaxant
Q.Is metaxalone a benzodiazepine/ non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)/ sulfa drug/ muscle relaxer?
Metaxalone is not a benzodiazepine/ non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)/sulfa drug. However, metaxalone is a muscle relaxant
Q.Is metaxalone safe?
Metaxalone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metaxalone like Flexeril?
Flexeril is trade name for active drug cyclobenzaprine. Metaxalone and cyclobenzaprine belong to same category of drugs called muscle relaxant
Q.Is metaxalone gluten free?
Yes. Metaxalone is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before you use
Q.Can I take metaxalone for a toothache?
Metaxalone is a muscle relaxant. It is used to treat muscle spasm (pain and discomfort caused by strains, sprains, and other muscle injuries). Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take metaxalone with tramadol/ ibuprofen/ hydrocodone/ oxycodone/ aleve/ tylenol 3/ vicodin/ ambien/ flexeril/ Xanax?
Metaxalone interacts with tramadol/ ibuprofen/ hydrocodone/ oxycodone/ aleve/ tylenol 3/ vicodin/ ambien/ flexeril/ Xanax, and may increase side effects such as drowsiness. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does metaxalone make you sleep?
Yes, metaxalone may make you sleepy
Q.Does metaxalone work and what does metaxalone treat?
Metaxalone is a muscle relaxant. It is used to treat muscle spasm (pain and discomfort caused by strains, sprains, and other muscle injuries)
Q.Does metaxalone cause tiredness?
Metaxalone may cause unusual tiredness. Inform your doctor immediately in case you experience unusual tiredness
Q.Does metaxalone cause constipation/ weight gain?
Metaxalone is not known to cause side effects such as constipation or weight gain
Q.Does metaxalone make you high?
Metaxalone does not have any known effect in getting high
Q.Does metaxalone contain acetaminophen?
No.Metaxalone does not contain acetaminophen.