food interaction for MYO MR PLUS
alcohol interaction for MYO MR PLUS
pregnancy interaction for MYO MR PLUS
lactation interaction for MYO MR PLUS
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MYO MR PLUS
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MYO MR PLUSNo substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for MYO MR PLUS
- Tolperisone tablet should be taken after meals with a glass of water.
- Do not drive because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with tolperisone.
- Women and patients with hypersensitivity to other drugs (e.g., lidocaine) or with a history of allergy may be at a higher risk of hypersensitivity to tolperisone.
- If you experience disturbance in attention, fits (epilepsy), blurred vision or muscular weakness.
- If you experience viral infections at the same time.
- If you have a history of allergic diseases such as runny nose due to allergy (hay fever), asthma, eczema (atopic dermatitis) with high serum IgE, and pale red, raised, itchy skin rash (urticaria).
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for MYO MR PLUS
Q.Is tolperisone a steroid, stimulant, or addictive drug?
No, tolperisone is not a steroid, stimulant or addictive drug. It is a muscle relaxant
Q.Is tolperisone or Synaptol safe?
Tolperisone or Synaptol (brand name of tolperisone) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take Synaptol with concerta?
The use of Synaptol with concerta (methylphenidate) should be avoided
Q.Does Synaptol work for Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)?
Use of Synaptol or tolperisone is not approved for Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Q.Does Synaptol work for adults?
Yes Synaptol is used in the treatment of unusual tightness of muscle after a stroke in adults
Q.Does Synaptol cause weight loss or weight gain, or suppress appetite?
There is no data about Synaptol causing weight loss or weight gain, or suppress appetite. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
Q.Is paracetamol safe/ banned/ available in India?
Paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen, crocin, dolo, calpol, pacimol) is an over-the-counter drug available in India. It is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is paracetamol a painkiller/ used for cold?
Paracetamol is used to relieve mild to moderate pain associated with cold and flu, as well as fever
Q.Does paracetamol make you drowsy / sleepy?
Paracetamol does not cause drowsiness. However, paracetamol is available in combination with cough and cold medicines (eg. cetirizine, chlorpheniramine), which may cause drowsiness or sleepiness
Q.Is paracetamol an NSAID/ antibiotic?
Paracetamol is a anti-pyretic (anti-fever), anti -inflammatory drug, which belongs to the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). However, unlike other NSAIDS, paracetamol can relieve only mild to moderate pain. It is not an antibiotic
Q.Can I take crocin with cetirizine/ aceclofenac/ amoxicillin/ codeine/ tramadol/ warfarin/ erythromycin/ antibiotics?
Yes, paracetamol (available as crocin) can be taken with all of these drugs. Caution is advised when crocin is to be used with warfarin. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q.Can I take crocin with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID?
Paracetamol (available as crocin) is available over-the-counter in combination with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q.Does paracetamol cause death?
Paracetamol on overdose can severely damage the liver and cause death. No more than 4 grams should be consumed in one day. Always consult your doctor regarding use of paracetamol
Q.Can calpol make babies/ toddlers sleep/ help in teething pain?
Calpol can relieve pain in infants and children; it does not make them sleep.