food interaction for MESOLIT
alcohol interaction for MESOLIT
pregnancy interaction for MESOLIT
lactation interaction for MESOLIT
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MESOLIT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MESOLIT
- MISTABRON 200MG INJECTION(3 ML injection in vial)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 56.33/ML of injectionRs. 169pay 10% more per ML of injection
- UROMITEXAN 200 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 51.95/ML of injectionRs. 103.89pay 2% more per ML of injection
- MESNA 200MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 18.36/ML of injectionRs. 36.73save 64% more per ML of injection
Expert advice for MESOLIT
- Drink at least 1 litre of fluid daily while you are receiving mesna.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience severe allergic reactions like rash, itching, breathing difficulty, chest tightness, and swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue while taking mesna.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as mesna may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, or light headedness.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You will be monitored for blood or protein in urine during the treatment of mesna.
- Do not take if allergic to mesna or any of its ingredients (thiol containing compound)
Frequently asked questions for MESOLIT
Q.Is mesna a chemotherapy drug?
Mesna is not a chemotherapy drug
Q.Why it is given with ifosamide or cyclophosphamise (Cytoxan)?
It is given along with the chemotherapy drug ifosfamide or cyclophosphamide to reduce the side effects of these drugs
Q.Is mesna cytotoxic?
No. Mesna is not cytotoxic drug. It is cytoprotective drug
Q.Is mesna compatible with potassium chloride and doxorubicin?
Yes, Mesna is compatible with potassium chloride and doxorubicin
Q.Is mesna a vesicant?
No, mesna is not a vesicant.