food interaction for LYZEVAC PLUS
alcohol interaction for LYZEVAC PLUS
pregnancy interaction for LYZEVAC PLUS
lactation interaction for LYZEVAC PLUS
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LYZEVAC PLUS
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LYZEVAC PLUSNo substitutes found
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for LYZEVAC PLUS
- Use levocetirizine with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- It is best to take the drug at bedtime as it can make you drowzy.
- Do not take levocetirizine if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to levocetirizine.
- Take special care with levocetirizine and follow the advice of your doctor: if you suffer from epilepsy or are in any risk of having fits. if you suffer from kidney failure, because you may require a lower dosage.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking drugs like antidepressants; medications for anxiety, mental illness, or seizures; ritonavir; sedatives; sleeping pills; theophylline; and tranquilizers, as it may worsen the side effects.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
- Levocetrizine can cause drowsiness. Avoid engaging in hazardous occupations requiring complete mental alertness such as driving or operating machinery when taking.
- Do not take alcohol with cetirizine, as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently asked questions for LYZEVAC PLUS
Q.Is levocetirizine/ LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet an over the counter?
No.Levecetirozine (also available as LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet) is not an over the counter medication. Prescription from your doctor is always required
Q.Is levocetirizine gluten free?
Yes.levocetirizine is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is levocetirizine a narcotic or steroid?
Levocetirizine belongs to a class of medications called antihistamines. It is not a narcotic or steroid
Q.Is levocetirizine a decongestant?
Levocetrizine is used to relieve runny nose; sneezing; and redness, itching, and tearing of the eyes caused by hay fever, seasonal allergies, and allergies due to other substances.
Q.Does chlorpheniramine or chlorpheniramine maleate cause increase in blood pressure/ drowsy/non drowsy/sedating/get you high/keep you awake/sleepiness/make you tired/weight gain?
Chlorpheniramine causing these side effects is common or rare. Always consult your doctor, if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Is chlorpheniramine like Benadryl?
No, chlorpheniramine is different from Benadryl
Q.Is chlorpheniramine prescription?
Yes, it is available with doctor’s prescription only
Q.Can I take chlorpheniramine or chlorpheniramine maleate with Panadol/ cetirizine /Zyrtec/ Allegra/ warfarin/ diphenhydramine/ ibuprofen/Claritin/guaifenesin/Benadryl?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of chlorpheniramine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does chlorpheniramine contain aspirin?
No, it does not contain aspirin in it. Chlorpheniramine is a different drug than aspirin.