Medicine Overview of Ledercort Ointment
Uses of Ledercort Ointment
Ledercort 0.1% Ointment is used in the treatment of atopic dermatitis.
Side effects of Ledercort Ointment
Skin thinning, Contact dermatitis.
How to use Ledercort Ointment
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and gently massage the ointment. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Ledercort Ointment works
Ledercort 0.1% ointment is a topical corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory medicine). It works by reducing redness, itching, and swelling caused by various skin conditions.
In Depth Information on Ledercort Ointment
Expert advice for Ledercort Ointment
- Avoid direct contact of the ointment with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Inform your doctor if you have glaucoma, increased pressure in the eye or cataract.
- Avoid applying ointment to large area of the skin, broken skin or under certain dressing especially in children.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and wear protective clothing while using triamcinolone ointment, as it may increase sensitivity to sunlight.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to triamcinolone, other corticosteroids, chlortetracycline, other tetracyclines or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you are suffering from tuberculosis, fungal, or viral lesions of the skin (herpes simplex, vaccinia and varicella), and primary bacterial infections, e.g. impetigo (a contagious bacterial skin infection forming pustules and yellow crusty sores) pyoderma (any skin disease with pus), furunculosis (infection of hair follicles), in acne vulgaris rosacea, perioral dermatitis (a condition characterized by is a facial rash on the face causing bumps to develop round the mouth) and widespread plaque psoriasis (A condition in which skin cells build up and form scales and itchy, dry patches).
Special precautions for Ledercort 0.1% Ointment
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Ledercort 0.1% Ointment may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Ledercort 0.1% Ointment is probably safe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Ledercort 0.1% Ointment does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Lederco+more
rt 0.1% Ointment in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
Ledercort 0.1% Ointment should be used with caution in pati+more
ents with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Ledercort 0.1% Ointment may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Ledercort 0.1%w/w Ointment
Frequently asked questions for Triamcinolone Topical
Q. Is Ledercort an antibiotic/sulfa/steroid drug?
Ledercort is not an antibiotic/sulfa drug. It belongs to class of medications called as corticosteroids
Q. Is Ledercort the same as Daktarin/Kemakort/Lanacort?
Kemakort, Kemakort, Retard are the names of Ledercort available in the market. Daktarin is the brand name of miconazole, while Lanacort is the brand name of the drug Hydrocortisone acetate
Q. Is Ledercort safe for babies?
No. Ledercort is not safe for babies and in children below 6 years of age
Q. Does Ledercort cure ringworm infection/acne/impetigo/tinea versicolor or thrush?
Ledercort is not effective in the treatment of ringworm, acne, impetigo, tinea versicolor or thrush. However, it helps in reducing the inflammation caused by these conditions.
User Submitted Feedback For Ledercort 0.1%w/w Ointment
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
Redistribution/accumulation of body fat
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
With or without food
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Ledercort
No substitutes found for this medicine