Medicine Overview of Lacrimos Eye Drop
Uses of Lacrimos Eye Drop
Lacrimos 0.5% Eye Drop is used in the treatment of Dry eye disease.
Side effects of Lacrimos Eye Drop
Allergic reaction, Blurred vision, Eye discharge, Eye irritation, Eye itching, Eye pain, Foreign body sensation in eyes, Increased production of tears, Eye redness, Visual impairment.
How to use Lacrimos Eye Drop
This medicine is for external use only.Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
How Lacrimos Eye Drop works
Lacrimos 0.5% eye drop is an artificial tear and moistens the surface of the eye (including artificial eyes) in the same way as natural tears.
In Depth Information on Lacrimos Eye Drop
Expert advice for Lacrimos Eye Drop
- Do consult your doctor immediately: If you develop eye pain, If you develop headache, If your vision changes, If redness or irritation in the eye persists or worsens.
- Eye drops of other medications should be administered 15 min before using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops.
- Remove your contact lenses before use of carboxymethylcellulose eye drops and wait for at least 15 min before you insert them again.
- Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops are intended to be used for the eyes only.
- Do not touch the eyelids or surrounding areas with the dropper tip of the eye drop bottle, to avoid contamination.
- Do not use the eye drop if it changes color or becomes cloudy, In case of single-use container, ensure that the container is intact and use immediately after opening you may experience brief blurring of vision immediately upon use of carboxymethylcellulose eye drops. Wait until vision has cleared before driving or operating machinery.
- Do consult your doctor before using carboxymethylcellulose if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Lacrimos 0.5% Eye Drop
No interaction found
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Lacrimos 0.5% Eye Drop should be used with caution during l+more
actation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Lacrimos 0.5% Eye Drop may cause blurring of your vision fo+more
r a short time just after its use. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Lacrimos 0.5% Eye Drop is probably safe to use in patients+more
with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Lacrimos 0.5% Eye Drop may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Carboxymethylcellulose, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Lacrimos 0.05% w/v Eye Drop
Frequently asked questions for Carboxymethylcellulose
Lacrimos belongs to a class of medicines called eye lubricants or artificial tears. It is used in the treatment of dry eye symptoms such as soreness, burning, irritation and discomfort.
Yes. Lacrimos is safe when used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Lacrimos 0.05% w/v Eye Drop
Patients taking Lacrimos 0.5% Eye Drop
Four Times A Day
Thrice A Day
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Substitutes for Lacrimos Eye Drop
Irivisc 0.05% w/v Liquigel
Indoco Remedies Ltd
₹12.41/ml of Eye Drop