food interaction for INMELA
alcohol interaction for INMELA
pregnancy interaction for INMELA
lactation interaction for INMELA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for INMELA
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for INMELA
- HYCLEAN TF CREAM(15 GM cream in tube)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 12.33/GM of creamRs. 185pay 3% more per GM of cream
- MELA 3 CREAM(15 GM cream in tube)Adroit Lifescience Pvt LtdRs. 10.54/GM of creamRs. 158.05save 12% more per GM of cream
- Dr. Sheilly KapoorMBBS, MD
- Dr. Avnish SharmaMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Shuchi SinglaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Atula GuptaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for INMELA
- Please use hydroquinone products carefully. Its skin bleaching action may produce unwanted cosmetic effects if not used as directed.
- Use of sunscreen is a must while using hydroquinone. Avoid unnecessary sun exposures and cover the treated areas with clothing. Even minimal exposure to sunlight can reverse the bleaching effect of hydroquinone.
- Discontinue use and contact your doctor immediately if you develop allergic skin reaction or notice blue-black darkening of skin upon use of hydroquinone.
- Hydroquinone creams are meant for external use on the skin only. Immediately wash-off with water, if the cream gets into your eyes, nose, mouth, or on your lips.
- Do not use hydroquinone creams on broken, irritated or injured skin.
- Do not use hydroquinone creams with other creams that contain peroxides (hydrogen peroxide/benzoyl peroxide). This may produce a dark stain on your skin which can be removed by stopping the use of peroxides and washing with soap and water.
- Do not use hydroquinone creams with other creams that contain resorcinol, phenol, or salicylic acid unless advised by your doctor.
- Please check, if the hydroquinone cream contains sulfites. Such products may trigger allergic reactions in individuals with asthma.
- You may be advised by your doctor to perform a skin sensitivity test to avoid any allergic reaction.
- Do consult your doctor before using hydroquinone, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for INMELA
Q.Is hydroquinone safe/good for skin?
Yes. Hydroquinone is used to bleach dark patches of skin. It is available as creams to be applied externally and is safe if used as directed, for the prescribed duration by your doctor. Occasionally it may cause side effects-red, sore, itchy, inflamed skin indicating an allergic reaction. Please contact your doctor immediately if you notice any such skin reactions
Q.Is hydroquinone a steroid?
No.Hydroquinone does not have a structure or effect similar to steroids
Q.Is hydroquinone safe to use on face?
Yes.Hydroquinone is used to bleach dark patches of skin and can be used on the face. It is available as creams to be applied externally and is safe if used as directed for the prescribed duration by your doctor. Please limit sun exposures and apply sunscreens or cover the treated area with protective clothing. Even minimal exposure to sun can reverse the bleaching effect of hydroquinone
Q.Is hydroquinone banned in India?
No.Hydroquinone is available and is not a banned drug in India
Q.Is hydroquinone carcinogenic/does hydroquinone cause cancer?
Studies of hydroquinone in animals have indicated some evidences of cancer causing potential (carcinogenicity). However, the carcinogenic effects in human are not known
Q.Is hydroquinone toxic?
No. Hydroquinone is not toxic if used as directed, for the prescribed duration by your doctor. It is available as creams and meant for external use on the skin onl
Q.Does hydroquinone lighten/bleach your skin?
Hydroquinone bleaches/lightens dark patches of skin
Q.Does hydroquinone lighten skin permanently?
It reduces the accumulation of skin pigment called melanin that causes darkening of skin. This effect of hydroquinone is reversible (reversible depigmentation) with time and exposure to sun and therefore not permanent
Q.Does hydroquinone bleach clothes?
No. Hydroquinone has no known effect on bleaching clothes
Q.Does hydroquinone make skin darker?
Hydroquinone may cause blue-black darkening of skin. This is not the normal effect of hydroquinone. Discontinue use and contact your doctor immediately if you notice darkening of skin upon use of hydroquinone
Q.Does hydroquinone help acne?
No. Hydroquinone is used to bleach or lighten dark patches of skin. It has no known effect in the treatment of acne
Q.Does hydroquinone cause redness?
Occasionally hydroquinone may cause side effects – redness of skin, sore, itchy, inflamed skin indicating an allergic reaction. Please contact your doctor immediately if you notice any such skin reactions.
Q.Is tretinoin a steroid/ retin a/ retin a/ a retinoid/retinol?
Tretinoin is not a steroid. It is a form of vitamin A (Retin-A) and belongs to a group of medicines called ‘retinoids'. Tretinoin and retinol are similar but tretinoin tends to be a bit more aggressive than retinol which is a bit more suitable for those with sensitive skin
Q.Is tretinoin safe/ tretinoin cream safe?
Tretinoin is safe if taken at recommended doses and duration. The gel form should be used with extreme caution in children younger than 12 years
Q.Does tretinoin cream work/ is tretinoin cream good for acne/acne scars/ lighten skin/ thin the skin/ work on wrinkles/ fade dark spots/clog pores/ cause breakouts?
Tretinoin cream works effectively in most of the patients. It is useful for treating most of the skin related issue like acne, acne scars, skin lightening, removing wrinkles, fade dark spots, clog pores, etc. It does not cause breakouts but helps the skin in healing it
Q.Is tretinoin available over the counter?
It is available only as per doctor's prescription
Q.Does tretinoin stain clothes?
It may stain as it has a preservative in it.
Q.Is fluocinolone a steroid?
Yes, fluocinolone is a steroid drug
Q.Is available or sold over the counter?
No, fluocinolone is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q.Is used for acne or psoriasis?
Fluocinolone is used for skin infections, acne, psoriasis or eye infections
Q.Is fluocinolone safe for infants?
No, fluocinolone is not safe to be used in children less than 18 years of age
Q.Is fluocinolone the same as fluocinonide?
Fluocinolone and fluocinonide are two different drugs belonging to the same class. They are used for the same indications
Q.Can fluocinolone cause hair growth?
Fluocinolone may cause hair growth at the site of application. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.